High Tide Aquatics

Would you consider having your tank featured as a TOTM?

Well? Just trying to get a gauge of how many people would like to have a profile done on their tank :)

It is not a contest, more of a cross section of our members aquariums. No winners of loosers ;)

[quote author=Roc link=topic=4011.msg47711#msg47711 date=1214853588]
I don't see why not but I hardly think it qualifies
[/quote]Your tank will be worthy before you know it ;), most likely by the time something gets implemented the way things can move around here :D

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4011.msg47712#msg47712 date=1214854017]
Your tank will be worthy before you know it ;), most likely by the time something gets implemented the way things can move around here :D
[/quote]

Thanks for confrimming my tank isn't worthy...........:(

J/K

[quote author=Roc link=topic=4011.msg47715#msg47715 date=1214854635]
[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4011.msg47712#msg47712 date=1214854017]
Your tank will be worthy before you know it ;), most likely by the time something gets implemented the way things can move around here :D
[/quote]

Thanks for confrimming my tank isn't worthy...........:(

J/K
[/quote]
I bet it looks better than mine :-[..

There is no "My tank is poop compared to some of the others I have seen" option.

BTW my voted for the first TOTM from what I have seen is either Rich's or Tom's (northbay reefer)

Tank envy

I would love to put people's tanks under my scrutiny of my gaze! :D

Actually nothing that says the tanks need to be "stellar" to be ToTM simply an indepth review/overview of what people have done in the Tank Journals

My favorite BAR member tank is Tong's - just because its the same size as mine, but mine doesn't look as good. Tom's is awesome, but far away and way bigger than I can do right now. I haven't seen Rich's in a while, but I am sure its nicely growing out.

[quote author=hiepatitis link=topic=4011.msg47725#msg47725 date=1214865847]
jeremy,

i think everyone is too modest to volunteer but i've seen some nice tanks that would make great totms.
[/quote]Too modest is correct, this is not an opportunity for people to rank* on other peoples systems. It's an opportunity for us to get to know each other better through our systems. Reefing is art, we all express ourselves differently. Our personalities are reflected in our tanks regardless of how big, how much money we spend, or if we have the flavor of the week coral. Rest assure, I will not look down on anybodies system in this club, and I hope other members are of like mind.

* old school east coast late '80s terminology

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=4011.msg47721#msg47721 date=1214857804]
There is no "My tank is poop compared to some of the others I have seen" option.

BTW my voted for the first TOTM from what I have seen is either Rich's or Tom's (northbay reefer)

Tank envy
[/quote]Changed the poll for you Bryan!!!

The terminology made it to the west coast, although more in an adjective sense than a verb. "Oh man this smell is so rank"

Or maybe not :D

But yeah, judging peoples tanks shouldn't be an issue. I've learned quite a bit from others just on a simple thing or two they do differently than I did, without having the need to emulate their whole tank. Sometimes I did what they did, sometimes I didn't.

[quote author=hiepatitis link=topic=4011.msg48259#msg48259 date=1215318762]
What's the verdict? I think people are being too modest. I've seen some great tanks in BAR
[/quote]Too modest to even vote Hiep :D

i'm in the my tank is 'poop' category, not that I feel the need to 'rank' but maybe if I can get algae problems fixed it'd be at least presentable. i like the idea of seeing what other people have done, even if it's just how the plumbing and setup are done, that can be sometimes be interesting enough on it's own.

I think there are a ton of modest people here in BAR with some interesting tank. Lets get this rolling and see how rich's tank is doing. :)

[quote author=CookieJar link=topic=4011.msg48328#msg48328 date=1215418074]
i'm in the my tank is 'poop' category, not that I feel the need to 'rank' but maybe if I can get algae problems fixed it'd be at least presentable. i like the idea of seeing what other people have done, even if it's just how the plumbing and setup are done, that can be sometimes be interesting enough on it's own.
[/quote]Bill, your tank is not Poop. Try harvesting a bunch of chaeto ;)

Back