Wouldn't it be good if BAR had a rock sculpture making day?

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by Coral reefer, Apr 27, 2016.

1. anathema

anathema Supporting Member

Well scratch the acryl gallon. It's all over my floor. Checked the emaco and its still powdery. Should be fine.

Acryl was probably fine too. Oh well. No space to store things.

2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

So the question now is how does acryl work as floor sealer :D

Coral reefer likes this.
  3. coral4me

coral4me Supporting Member

)= Too Bad! =(

4. anathema

Concrete laundry room floor looks about the same.o_O

5. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Soooooo, when y'all wanna do this?
    Should I make an official sign up? Then we can see how many we have and maybe find a place to meet up and maybe get some supplies. Thinking I may order a box or two of Marco rocks. He's cool and would probably ship a bottle of acryl (or whatever it's called now) big enough for us to share. And more emaco if we need more than gustys sack. Pun intended.

HiFidelity likes this.
  6. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

Just wanna say, if I make this I'll be showing up with all of the supplies I need for my scape, probably a good idea to see how many others like me we have who already purchased all their supplies. My emaco came from gusty's sack too :p

anathema likes this.
  7. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

In 2 months :p, my wife would kill me if I drag home rocks right before our move lol.

8. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I'm not ready to rock scape yet (still need to muriatic acid the lot of them and see if it actually kills aiptasia, hydroids, etc (I'm actually a bit skeptical about this, as I had an aiptasia on a piece of plastic and I put it in concentrated solution and while it did shrivel up it didn't exactly melt), so I'd basically just build rocks for the sake of doing it.

That said if it was nearby I would love to come watch to see how it's done as I missed the talk, having a raging baby beast has definitely put a hamper on me going anywhere :D

9. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

I would love come and watch too if you guys do this before I'm ready.

10. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I have rock but nothing else for it. I missed the meeting as well so is be learning as I went. I also don't mind hosting if it's not more than like 20 people. I have a large bandsaw that we could use if that would help too. Maybe a Saturday in June? I live in south San Jose.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Coral reefer likes this.
  11. anathema

My schedule is complicated. I'm happy to donate my sack even if I can't make it.

HiFidelity and coral4me like this.