Wouldn't it be good if the club had one of these...

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by Thales, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Thales

Thales Past President

And I would be happy to keep it at my house.

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/696/cid/153

2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

See that's what this club is about giving your time, resources, or maybe a space in your house for the club :D

3. LeviT

LeviT Guest

That would be cool, we could bring water samples to our meetings and get accurate stats. (for everone who can't afford meters like me :)

4. tuberider

tuberider Guest

We could get the one for cyanide to make sure there's enough in the Kool-ade

5. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Bah, if we where going to get one we wouldn't get that unit :) The club better consult me prior so at least it gets the right device.

6. Thales

Thales Past President

So? How about a link to the right device?

7. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I'd rather see the club do something useful with it's money, like contribute to CORAL or some other group trying to help :) There's far more deserving items out there then this. IMO the club gives far more back to it's members then most clubs I talk to. A $1K would go a long way with a local school program for getting a few tanks into classrooms with a course to go along with them.

You do understand each test costs a pretty penny, this is not a cheap "test" option, right? THe tests go bad fairly quickly once openned IIRC.

8. Thales

Thales Past President

Dude! :D I'm not really serious about the club getting one. At the same time, it might make as much sense as getting a PAR meter.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a forum where you could post your ideas about what the club should do with its money? :D

9. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Hey, no fair posting after we talk on the phone and you tell me your not serious :)

WIBGI there was such a forum, huh? :) I just wish it where things within reason that were posted there as to not make it a joke and turn into a free for all. Thus far it seems to be a great addition to the site, but I could se it swing the other way rather quickly :)

10. Thales

Thales Past President

Then I look forward to you posting your ideas in new threads! :D

11. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

There's a whole forum filled with my ideas on this site, just 99% of the club can't access them as it's the BOD Forum.

12. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

[quote author=Thales link=topic=2547.msg26379#msg26379 date=1194028083]
    Dude! :D I'm not really serious about the club getting one. At the same time, it might make as much sense as getting a PAR meter.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a forum where you could post your ideas about what the club should do with its money? :D
    [/quote]

You know, I've been thinking about this and I actually think it's a good idea. The unit could have a keeper and we could hold monthly testings. IMO there should be a snmall fee though as each test does cost money. Nothing big, $10 per run or soemthing :)

Rich, how much does the DR500 run?

13. Thales

Thales Past President

DR 5000? No idea, but I think that machine would be too much for us.

This is what I was looking at

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/696/cid/153

About a grand.

14. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

LAME!!!! I posted another before yours Rich, got the confirmation message but it never appearred!!!!!!

$6.5K for the DR5000