Wouldn't It Be Good If ...We had a meeting on what NOT to do

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by Raddogz, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Granted we don't really know what really happened with Pianotips' tank.

Can we have a talk about things not to do in setting up or maintaining one's tank?

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Who do you suggest in presenting such a talk?

3. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Not trying to make light of the subject, but I picture a bunch of BAR members at a bar telling the "...oh ya? I got you beat. When was just starting out, I....."

4. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

One foot in a bucket, one hand holding a ballast and I lit up like a Christmas try.

Oh yah, I was trying to unclogged my skimmer line and did, just as I was sucking and got half a cup of old skim mate down my throat :(

Like that Tony?

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

... trying to siphon that last bit of nasty water floating on a sand bed that you stirred up while emptying a tank, and getting a mouth full... well lets just say lucky that bucket was right there (and there was plenty of mouthwash in the house!)

6. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Eeeewwww....mine where jokes!!!

7. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Guest

Mike.. i'm glad im not the only one that did that before.. thanks i feel better now.. :D :D

8. sfsuphysics

Well it probably wouldn't have been so bad, if it was a small 1/4" or 1/2" hose... but this was... I think a 1" hose... so a lot of siphoning was needed to get it started and.... *shiver* wish this thread never existed to make me remember that moment!

9. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

You can always delete your post and pay us all off :)

10. sfsuphysics

too late, I already remembered it.

11. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

I come close to Gresham's story.

I know we had a mouse issue knew we had at least two but couldn't catch them for close to three months. I never bothered to check the electrical cords specially' to one air pump that was feeding an ozone generator. I was cleaning out the sump and reached down to move the pump (in the sump area) really bad move. Son of a b it hurt!

I know I have plenty more I can tell. I know I can probably talk for at least half an hour, and I know everyone has their horror stories. :D

12. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I made mine up, I just want to be clear about that :)

Now I have nearly killed myself at least 6 times so don't think I am saying I am perfect :)

13. LeviT

LeviT Guest

.... hmm I smell a Reefing for dummies book with all our stories in it :) or at least a hand out at meeting..

14. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

15. LeviT

LeviT Guest

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=6427.msg82367#msg82367 date=1234990058]
    [​IMG][/quote]

Ours would be more specialer and your story would be on page 1 Gresh :)

16. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Which one? I have many but I am not sure I want my name attached to them :p