Reef nutrition

Wow I should concentrate on growing out my Walt Disney frag!

He has lousy photos.

d6e7066c2ba196e3e41a7cf289f3e3e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That pic is under heavy actinics/blues. You can tell by the bottom of the plug there with how it's glowing flourescent blue. Histogram on the pic shows that the blue channels are pretty heavily blown.

Here's a more grown out mini colony.
wd1.jpg

That tank is lighted by 5 blue+ and 3 coral+

Here's another one.
wd2.jpg

Needs extremely high PAR. This one is getting 500+ and a lot of blues.

wd3.jpg

Under royal blues only above.

wd4.jpg

Which makes everything pop.

Under more daylight spectrum, the piece doesn't look like that. Here's another frag of it under daylights.
wd5.jpg

It's very similar to a lot of the high end pieces where you kind of have to view it under blue lights to see that rainbow.

Last edited:
Not my stuff Bruce. I have a line to a WD, but it's not a must have at the moment.

Depends on how long you want to view your tank. If you've ever seen an all blue tank in person, you won't be able to take a look at it for long. JF tank is a good example of that. My buddy and his wife visited his place to check out his setup and they couldn't look at the tank for too long. Their eyes were hurting after awhile.

Another reason to not do so is because it works with corals that fluorescence but not for those without. You can see samples of each of them under the royal blues only wide angle shot above. The ones that don't stand out are the ones that shows the best with a full spectrum.

$1000 for something based on those pictures? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Seriously, "Walt Disney"? I really hope acros don't go the way of Zoas with the silly names, don't get me wrong the pictures are absolutely stunning even if they artificially brightened with blue lights then an white balanced back down so the blue doesn't oversaturate the image. But I like Eric's "in daylight" picture

Amazing on the lighting difference.

I am surprised it could be listed as Disney related. Was it sold online as that?
Copyright issues, and a company that cares and searches.

It's been sold online for awhile under that name and there's a lot of controversy over the coral overall like some of the higher end pieces.

Here's another Disney related piece, this time Disneyland itself:
http://reefpets.com/disneyland-acropora/

Here's another one of those blues only acros, the JF Homewrecker.
image-jpg.292679

I can tell you that it doesn't look like that under daylights. ;)

When I was dealing with an algae problem I tried going all blue. I went three days and my green pocilopora lost all its color. It still had good pe but took a good 6 months to turn green again.

I've been high-end sps wanting and looking... but still end up at the bargain bins at the lfs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know what you mean. There aren't many expensive sps that I see in person that I think look any better than a $30 piece. If you took a random acro and asked me to guess how much it cost I'm sure I'd be way off. A coral price is right.

Back