WTB : Everything!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by capescuba, Aug 13, 2017.

1. capescuba

capescuba Supporting Member

I'm going to be spinning up a new system after around 10 years break - and I'm hoping to get as much as possible used from tear downs etc.

First things first, I am looking an acrylic, preferably TruVu or similar quality, and something around 210g. Expecting to spend some time cleaning it up to get rid of scratches etc... If there is something with a stand, even better, separate would work if I can get the right fit.

Also looking for a sump that will be in my garage, looking for something that's a good size, 60g+

Ping me if you know anyone selling.
    Thanks.

2. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

I have a reef octopus diablo 200 skimmer, 4 rapid led onyx full spectrum led and lots of heaters

3. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

I have basic softies for you for free once the tank is setup, if you'd like

4. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

5. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I'm curious why you prefer the acrylic tanks.

Coral reefer likes this.
  6. capescuba

Because the last time I had a 200+ glass tank I ended up with a whole lot of wet floor after it leaked. Plus the TruVu clarity is awesome.

7. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

I have a 100g plex. with built in overflow and stand FREE

8. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Someone here on bar has/had a 300g plexi, @Wlachnit ?
    I have some big external pumps plus one, maybe two nice skimmers. If you decide on a closed loop, OM8 and 4-way
    Random stuff too.
    If you are looking into high tech I might not be the guy but have a few old school things.

9. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

10. capescuba

Sadly I don't think I have the room for that guy ....Great deal though. Thanks

11. capescuba

So my wife just asked why I am not buying a new tank and stand :eek:

Where are the places to shop nowadays?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  12. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Neptune

13. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

That happens to me sometimes

14. capescuba

lol --- updated!

15. capescuba

The website and or store in San Jose right? I live in the East Bay(Dublin) and back in the day there was All About Fish in Pleasant Hill and Aquarium Concepts. Need to get out more :)

16. livingwaterplanet

livingwaterplanet Reef Zen Monk/Supporting Member

I am also in the trivalley. Unfortunately Aquarium Concepts closed, and I do not leave the trivalley very often. If San Jose is too "far" (well, traffic wise), I usually go to Aquatic Collections in Hayward. I was old school and bought from LFS in my first go around in the hobby 10 years ago. Just got back into the hobby and found that the best options for me was to look for my specs used on Craigslist or order from tank builders directly. If I did not have free time to deal direct or hunt on CL, I would have special ordered via Neptune in SJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Also reef central forum has lots of stuff for sale

18. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Supporting Member

I'm also a local tri-valley guy and prefer not to leave the area either cuz traffic has become impossible...anyway, I bought my first reef tank from Aquarium Concepts, a Truview 300g which I just recently sold. I bought my current 300g from Neptune. While Aquarium Concepts wasn't the best store around, it was definitely convenient for us tri-valley folks.

19. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Hello Dave welcome back

capescuba likes this.
  20. capescuba

Thanks Arnold!