WTB Lid for Biocube 14 or any lighting that will fit for it

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Radiolunatic, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Radiolunatic

Radiolunatic Guest

Hi all,

I know it is a long shot, but I am looking for the lid/lighting for Biocube 14.
    Jay/Badbread has donated a Biocube 14 for my daughter's preschool and I have set it up several months ago. It is finish cycling, but since it came without a lid, so I will need to find one or getting any lighting that will fit, like viper or something. Let me know if you guys have anything that is not in use. The teacher told me that the kids are exiting to see nemo coming to the classroom :)
    Thanks.

Roy

2. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

A_Lee (Anthony) is selling a 20" Sunpod but is 150W
    Do you want to build a canopy for it if you can't find a hood for it?
    LMK That way retrofitting light will be an easy find.

Mario

3. Radiolunatic

Radiolunatic Guest

Mario,
    Thanks. I do not think I want to put 150W on it if I can. It will be a simple, easy to keep coral type thing. If I can't get any lid, then building a canopy will be the next step and I will need your help :)
    I hope somebody will have the lid for sale.

Roy

4. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Let me see what I can do. I have a lid not in use but I have it between modifications (had some LED stuff and also a nanotuners PC upgrade. I'll pull it this weekend and see if I can re-wire it up as a complete light.

5. Radiolunatic

Radiolunatic Guest

Wow, that will be great!!!
    My goal is for the kids to learn and have appreciation to live in the ocean. The school put a program about sea creatures once a year and last year I show them the "dead SPS" collection that I have. With the help of Jay, this year they will meet the real nemo and some softies. I want them to understand also the reponsibility of keeping them. It is not like keeping a beta in the bowl. They are still preschool, but I do not think it is to early for them to start understanding this.
    Thanks a lot and let me know also how much you are selling.

6. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Tony
    I have the 28 watt pc stuff left from my hood if needs some parts.

7. I have a new one in my garage that you can have....problem is that I gave my BC away, and the plugs and ballasts went with that tank. Maybe between the two of us, we can get you a fully functioning light/hood.

8. Radiolunatic

Radiolunatic Guest

Thanks all!

9. It looks like I may have some of the cords, missing the fan power supply though.

10. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I actually have the fully fuctional stock hood, but I also have an LED retro and parts for a PC retro. I just need to re-assemble it all lol.
    What corals will be in the tank?

11. Radiolunatic

Radiolunatic Guest

It will be zoanthid and some other softies that are easy to keep. I have not decided exactly what will be in it. No SPS for sure though.

12. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Are you concerned at all about the zoas around little kids? I would be, I think.

13. Radiolunatic

Radiolunatic Guest

The tank is not easily reached by the kids. However, I do have some concern just incase and that is why I would like to have a lid rather than an open top. There are 3 other tanks in the school. One tank is turtle, one tank is gold fish and the other is guppy. Kids has learned not to touch or play with them. They can see it closely. Also the tank is in the classroom, so they there are 3 teacher that supervise the kids all the time.
    You think I should avoid zoanthid just incase?

14. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Roy
    let me know what parts you need. I will hold on to miscelanous parts

15. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Maybe let the teachers make the call. Personally, I'd want to error on the safe side. What do you others think?

16. Radiolunatic

Radiolunatic Guest

Hi Tony,

Can you let me know the status of the lid? Do you think you can assamble it back? It will be good if you can bring it at the swap (assuming you are going to the swap). Kids has been asking the teacher when nemo will arrive. You can imagine they have been staring empty tank (LR and sands) for months during cycling period ... :)

17. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

oops. totally forgot! sorry. I'll let you know tomorrow around noon. In the morning, I'll get into the garage and see if I can reassemble.

18. I should be at the swap, I can bring the one I have, it's a never used stock one...LMK

19. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

New and never been used might be the safest bet tbh, although I'll still check to see what I have (curiosity now lol)

20. Radiolunatic

Radiolunatic Guest

Is yours is new one? How much are you asking?
    As far its working, I do not care new or used, the tank is a used one anyway. Thanks.