WTB White Velvets

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by hermesfansf, Jun 14, 2013.

1. hermesfansf

hermesfansf Guest

Guys and gals, please PM me if u have a colony of white velvets to sell. I have a huge stomach for em.

2. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

There was just a guy in south san jose on RC selling them. Looks like they sold quick, but you could still PM him

3. neuro

neuro Webmaster

ask charles (har har har)

4. hermesfansf

hermesfansf Guest

My buddy has a few colonies in his tank....we r going to trade

5. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

No good deed goes unpunished. Sorry man...Looks like you should have sold them for $1,000,000 per polyp while ya had the chance :~

6. 650-IS350

650-IS350 Supporting Member

Then why ask n post?
    http://forums.nvreefers.org/index.php?showtopic=1350

By the way I AM the source he got them from n when originally recieved from me the rules were the same as they were with many of my dbtc. There were some that just can't follow rules n requests but look u in the eye n say they can but turn around later n do the oppositr just cause they think u left the hobby fully

That's just one of the other online threads that ive been tracking and following. I do know of more.

7. 650-IS350

Ya maybe if I were in the profiteering mind set n member of other online reef forums I would have gotten away with that n made $$$ $) but that's not in my dna. But I'm a hobbyists n dont do this for profit. 0:)

8. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Good for you!

That sucks they got out :/

9. hermesfansf

hermesfansf Guest

I don't really know what is the story behind white velvets. But I got my first white velvet years ago from a local reefer. Then, I realize my buddy also had em, who recently lost his colony as well. I asked around then I found out my another buddy has a few colonies in his tank as soon as I posted this thread and also at NVR. This buddy of mine is not a Bars member.

I don't know this particular paly actually has a copyright on it. I thought it was really widespread in the Bay Area until I was looking for a replacement recently. I also realized that white velvets can also be found in other reefers' tank outside of the Bay Area.

Anyway, my buddy is going to trade his white velvet colony. Lets not get into the whole white velvet copyright conversation..

10. 650-IS350

Lol awesome on the copy right bud :bigsmile:
    sorry about u and ur friend losing ur colonies. Btw I passed those polyps around to some non bar members by mistake ( lesson learned ) several years ago even before my dbtcs. Due to some individuals that can't follow rules these polyps are now being sold sold for up to 45-50 per polyp by profiteers. Not my intent but that is why there is some sting in my words not at u but more on the unfortunate situation.

The ones here are not for sale ( DBTC ) see the rules on those ones. But if you can abide by those rules on that specific DBTC probably someone that has it may offer you one. ;)

11. hermesfansf

hermesfansf Guest

It is very hard to prevent reefers from not selling as at certain point, we all sell frags to recoup. A while back ago, cjvale sold some white velvets at really low price that shows u how widespread this paly is at Bay Area. I really think eventually it will become another rasta or red hornets. Don't get me wrong, I do like white velvets and I think it's nice to have a white paly in my z n p tank. I don't know how u see this . But the way that I see this is I like my z n p to have certain market value so that they are worth collecting besides being nice. It is like any other collectible items such as antiques or baseball cards. The collector collects those that are rare and valuable and pass em to other collectors at certain price point which makes the entire hobby to be fun and exciting.

Let me know if I have any rare and collectible z n p, u and I can surely trade some. However, I won't be able to comply any of your rules lol.

12. 650-IS350

well good luck with that, there were some individuals whoring them out selling them... ;)

13. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

This is one interesting thread on DBTC etiquette !

14. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Can we be certain that no other similar or identical palys ever got brought in? Also, op is looking to buy, so nobody that took dbtc should be selling, but I imagine some must have come in from somewhere besides what Charles had at some point right?

15. 650-IS350

nobody that took dbtc should be selling,

i truely hope so.

16. RichieT

RichieT Guest

Charles, are those white velvets in your avatar?

17. 650-IS350

0:) pmd ya

18. hermesfansf

hermesfansf Guest

This is what I don't understand as most of the time the diver company would have more than one rock of certain paly, and sometimes being cut into a few small pieces so that they are shared among several vendors. Unless u have a total monopoly on that particular paly, meaning u basically buy every single rock from the diver company. Otherwise it is almost impossible to claim that u r the only one has that paly.

19. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Seriously those are shamazing!

20. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

This is one problem that will never go away. We can dbtc all day long but some one will always break the rules that we try to use. I personally have never done this but its a guarentee that it will be done at some point by some one