WTB: Wrasses

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by DEATH BY SNU SNU, Oct 31, 2017.

1. DEATH BY SNU SNU

DEATH BY SNU SNU Supporting Member

Hey all! Happy Halloween!

So I've gone wrasse=crazy. I love em! i've got a Yellow Coris Wrasse and a Melanarus Wrasse and a Six line Wrasse and my tank bioload is pretty low-medium so I can add a few more wrasses. Can anyone recommend any other wrasses that I can add to my wrasse group where they will all get along? Is there any chance I can buy another Melanarus Wrasse to add to my group or will they fight? Thanks in advance!

2. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

Fancy wrasses or just regulars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. DEATH BY SNU SNU

Either or. I just need wrasses that I know will thrive in my current environment and not get beat up by the tankmates. Thanks. I've lost a Tamarin wrasse (deteriorated slowly over 6 months), McCosker's and a Ornate Wrasse (both died within a day of acclimating) so I need hardier wrasses that won't die on me...

4. euod

euod Supporting Member

I don't know if hardier wrasses will do the trick if you say that you have aggressive fish in your tank already. I would suspect the six lines:)
    You can try getting larger wrasses like 4-5" x-mas, temminck, red margin, leopard, and orange back. You would probably want to keep them in acclimating box for a week after QT to make sure no aggression.

5. DEATH BY SNU SNU

cool man thanks for the tips... Appreciate it.. I'll look into your suggestions

6. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Ive never had any luck with the Tamarin's. Sixline's are bullys. My orange back didn't care for any wrasse that looked like him for a few months. How big is your tank?

7. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

DEATH BY SNU SNU likes this.
  8. DEATH BY SNU SNU

Thanks Mark. this chart will really come in handy. Can I have two Melanurus Wrasses in the same tank? or a Melanurus with a Christmas Wrasse or other Halichoeres Wrasses?

9. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

We have a christmas and he has no aggression

10. DEATH BY SNU SNU

in the garage or Peter's?

Mark B likes this.
  11. DEATH BY SNU SNU

tankguy, my tank is 100 gallons.

Mark B likes this.
  12. Mark B