WTT Eheim 1262

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by xcaret, Sep 1, 2010.

1. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Trade my 1262 for a 1260, the sooner the better.

Thx

2. r0ck0

r0ck0 Guest

I don't have the 1260 but was thinking of getting the 1262. Why do you want to trade?

3. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Pump is pending trade; 1262 is way too much flow to the sump, initially I got it to be used with an Ocean Motions Squirt 4 way.

4. r0ck0

r0ck0 Guest

How big is your tank? Can you just put a ball valve on the pump to reduce flow? Just asking for future reference, I was planning to get the 1262.

5. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Tank is 90G with 30G sump but is a bit too much for what I want on a single return; if I was to set three or four returns with an OM 4-way it would be ideal as to provide water movement; for simple straight shot return line is a wee-too much.

6. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Ball valve = Back flow for that 1262. Don't want to risk having it burn out or die/etc. earlier than need be. Better to just get the appropriate pump IMO

7. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

You can restrict the output at least to about 10%, and it actually HELPS the pump.
    The reason is, moderate back pressure means lower flow, which REDUCES the load on the motor.
    This even lowers power usage a bit. (Go look at some high end pump specs, and power/flow)
    Too much restriction is a bad thing of course, especially if motor overheats.
    And NEVER restrict the input. Causes low pressure bubbles, which can cause damage.

8. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

I rather have a lower GPH pump than forcing the pump to think water has to go up to hundreds of feet; a valve would only be needed to shut water off and prevent from draining back if needed to do maintenance on the pump.