WTT: Monti Caps, Birdsnest, Zoas. LF: Pretty Corals, mainly SPS. Pics!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by earthboy17, Sep 28, 2009.

1. earthboy17

earthboy17 Guest

Hey all.

My buddy Ben and I have filled our frag tank and need to do some trading!

We are primarily looking to trade for interesting, beautiful, uncommon corals. Will consider selling frags but would prefer trades. Eventually we would like to contribute some of these to DBTC, but would also like to be able to trade them for other corals, which I think would be prohibited under DBTC. So right now are looking to trade.

Mainly looking for SPS, but will take trades for zoas, LPS, and/or softies if they're worth it.
    Among the SPS, we are particularly looking for pocilloporas and milleporas.

We have to trade:

- Leng Sy Cap
    - Orange Cap
    - Idaho Grape Cap
    - Green Cap
    - Purple Haze Cap

-Also have to trade the below beautiful purple/red encrusting monti (unknown name, but it is STUNNING in person! ..."Purple Mytery" Monti?)

-Also have Zoas to trade:
    - Tubbs Blues
    - Armor of Gods
    - Purple Deaths
    - Gorilla Nipples (or) Green Bay Packers

If interested in trading, please PM for offers.
    Pickup in Concord or Walnut Creek.
    Pics below.

Thanks everyone!
    Tom

Here are some pics of the farm under a very white T5 light (no actinics):

Note caps in foreground, and green birdsnest in top right corner.
    [​IMG]

Here is our "Purple Mystery" monti:
    [​IMG]

Lastly, someone else's photo of a similar (same?) green birdsnest:
    [​IMG]

2. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Nice clean frag rack!
    Looks very professional.
    Good luck! :)

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Going to the October meeting? I can very easily fill your poccilipora quota, 3 different color strains. And if you want Poccilipora on steroids (aka Stylophora) I got a couple of those I can more than happily frag... well ok maybe not happily because they're some thick buggers.

4. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Happy fragging :)

btw, the purple/red monti looks like an indo-superman monti.

5. earthboy17

earthboy17 Guest

JAR: thanks for the compliment. It's my buddy Ben's rack tied into his system. As I'm working my way back into/up this hobby, I'dlove to have a nice frag tank like that plumbed into my system!

Mike: that would ROCK. I love Poccis and don't have much experience with Stylos, but would love to learn!
    What would you like in trade for them? May I recommend some monti caps for you?
    Am not sure about October meeting yet (if it's October 10th, definitely not--work with teens and we have a leadership development retreat that weekend), but I'm sure we can plan to bump into each other somewhere sometime.

Tony: thanks for that heads-up. I'll look that up as this coral grows out, and see if it compares. Appreciate it.

6. sfsuphysics

Ok we can see if we can bump into one another later, and definitely no on the caps, I don't need 'em don't want 'em :D

I really don't need anything in trade, but if you feel like you must, whatever colorful zoas you can scape together (no gorilla nipples :D) would be more than fine.

7. earthboy17

earthboy17 Guest

Okay. The zoas are still a little bit fresh from the fragging, but with a little more time to heal up, they should be fine.

Are you ever out in the east bay? (other than the October mtg?) Maybe we'll make that our trade date determiner: the next time you're on this side of the bridge, lol.

tb

8. sfsuphysics

Ha, we'll see, I'm not over there too much anymore, with that whole fuster cluck they did on the bay bridge I see 80 backed up really early and late in the day, and to be honest, there's nothing on that side of the bay worth going towards (that I need that is). We'll work something out though.

9. earthboy17

earthboy17 Guest

Sounds good. I'll find an excuse to go into SF sometime soon, and I'll hit ya up then if we haven't connected yet.
    Thanks.

...anyone else want some caps?

10. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Hey Mike quite bitchin about my bridge.

11. sfsuphysics

Hey not my fault you guys were eyeballing it when you decided what "straight" would be ;)

12. earthboy17

earthboy17 Guest

Thanks Mike, that was very generous of you!
    Hope you enjoyed the cheesecake!

For anyone/everyone else...BUMP!
    Who wants some caps?