Jestersix

xbox 360

Yeah, but aren't the tricked out systems with hard-drives, wireless controllers, and games that aren't particularly intersting start at $600+. I remember when the PS2's first came out...crazy ebay stuff including the box that was sold for $300 dollars.

My friend will buy his when Halo 3 comes out, but not until then.

Yah I remember when the PS2 came out, I laughed at the idiots who HAD to have one.. or HAD to get one for their children at Xmas, personally I waited for some software libraries to be built up before I bought one, and by that time they were $150 new :)

theres rumors that theres a shortage like big chains like best buy are getting like 60 max and smaller stores are getting 20 or less

LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!!!

they all are backwards compatible xbox/ps3/nintendo

you can download old nintendo games on your nintendo revolution and play it IE mario 1 / duckhunt or legend of zelda

ps3 supposidly makes yoru old ps games run a lot better and look a lot better

Downloading is different. That is essentially using an emulator in order to play the games. That doesnt make them backwards compatible. Microsoft makes their systems not backwards compatible so that you must buy games right away to play with the new system. That forces higher games sales.

If I have a copy of a game, I want to be able to pop it into my new system and still play it. Like PS2 did with old PS games.

You know, with $600, you can build a pretty darn good PC!

$80 for the motherboard
$150 for a fast Athlon 64 processor (better for games apparently)
$50 for a cheapo case and power supply
$200 for a pretty good video card
$50 for memory
$50 hard drive
Steal a keyboard and mouse

Monitor not included, but neither is one included with the XBOX.

Of course, you can upgrade to higher cost parts, but it's all about the video card. $400 buys you an amazing one.

PC games are, in my opinion, way better than XBOX games (due to the sheer number of them!) BUT the XBOX games are GUARANTEED to run and look nice on your xbox. Not so with PCs.

With $3000, you not only can build an awesome PC, but have an amazing monitor as well. But I guess if Little Paris Hilton wants an xbox, then her daddy will pay any amount to make sure she gets one...

V

yeah, the difference is Xbox (and all console systems for that matter) are literally plug and play. Get a game, throw it in, play it, no needing to install or do any other crap. Plus all games are made for exactly 1 set of hardware so bugs tend to be MUCH less, of course I dont have the time for these games much anymore, so I dont play them :)

Back