High Tide Aquatics

yaradartist's 36g

I found the same issues with my multi-Reef Brite light conversion. I bleached out most of my sps from too much light. I did find that LPS does SO well that montis are the only sps I'm continuing to rear in the tank. I nearly tore it down when aiptasia overtook the tank but Mr. Kliens Butterfly completely eliminated them. Hope to see you along the way, Richard. Like Mike says, "Enjoy your break".

What break Jim? Its a shift of priorities. The chickens and vegetable garden are using the several hours a week the tank occupied. I just never could figure out how to eat anything from the tank. Thanks for the well wishes Jim and all the help gradually breaking down my tank.

John, good to hear a check up on your tank and lighting. Looking forward to another drop in so I can see it in person. Have you ever considered what moving the LED would do to the overpower they seem to have? I like your drop in style tank tour so much I want to try that on other tanks. This winter did not work out for an East Bay Tour, so maybe smaller one stop evening tours make sense. I'm very thankful for how you share your coral interest.

There are nine hens and one rooster. They are four months old, eggs in a month or so. The crowing could start anytime. We brought in thirty straight run pullets, but there were five roosters in the lot. We selected down to the most docile and inquisitive hens. Funny how they each have different personalities even within the different breeds. We also kept hens for egg color. We should get brown, and some blue/greens too.

Roosters are not allowed in Berkeley so our neighbor upstairs decided to keep the rooster inside her apartment each night, otherwise he would be in the soup pot too!

John, if you decide to brood raise chicks, I have feeders and the heat lamp if you want to borrow. They get used for eight weeks and then are outgrown. The kids in the neighborhood loved watching them grow and fly. You have enough space to provide eggs for all of Muir Beach.

Jim, Beaucoop is always here for visitors. Tiny Berkeley lot so not much to see. For sure I will send a casual invitation along with the next tour. Until then anyone can drop me a line and stop by when they are in the area.

It was definitely sad to be part of the final tank takedown and haul off the last of the corals. You should be very proud about how much you know about corals, growing and propagation and tank management. It was very much a reminder to me about how much my own experience is still lacking. When you are ready to dive back in.... I've got some corals for you. In the meantime I'll be very pleased when I can share any of the corals you passed on to me.

Six different blastos now. :) Two wellsi and four merletti all of which originated with you. Thank you!

John, You married smart. Whole paychecks is about half the price of what it takes to raise eggs. 5 Years down the road once sunk costs of wire are cosumed, then with feed I might get down to three dollors a dozen in costs.

Could someone please introduce me to a cheap hobby?

Mike, there was no sadness for me seeing animals go to a good home. There you were scouring the last couple inches of water for any life. What a great place for them to be going! Thanks for helping me out by stopping by when I had a moment to work on it. Very much appreciated.

Letting it all go in stages over about six months was the key. I'm not a cold turkey kind of quitter.

Back