Neptune Aquatics

Yellow Tang ate my GSP ?

I have this huge piece of GSP about 3"x6" rock covered. Beginning of the week I saw my yellow tang nibbling on the patch which I thought he was getting algae off or something. The last couple of days the nibbling is still going on. I think he ate all the polyps off and now I am left with a nubby piece of 3"x6" fleshy piece of rock. Anyone else have that happen ? Hopefully the GSP will grow back ! Does anyone need a healthy GSP eating yellow tank ? :)

Wow, I bet there are some people that wouldn't mind borrowing your tang :) Are you feeding him well? Just wondering because I've read that a lot of people feel strange behaviors like this are because something is lacking in their diet. I think fish are just like people and there are black sheep out there but diet could add to it.

Levi,
I try to feed the fish twice a day. Maybe I will try to set up an auto feeder. I also have the nori on a clip during the day as well. This is the first time in my experience a tang eating green star polyps.

I have the issue of tangs nipping at xenia every time I place a little stalk of it in the tank, strange but what else can I say...

Back