Jestersix

Yet again looking for a home...

So I picked the 150G tank from Flagg37; turns out my friend was bummed and changed mind since the volume of the tank is 90 gallon and wanted a bigger tank, yup did the math. Good thing I did not buy the lumber to increase the height of the stand, nor started the polishing of the tank since I have no room to work (see other post) http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/help-me-make-space.19847/unread
Tank has a crack on the top flange? but can be repaired, some plexi, Weldonan and voi-la!
I can set aside equipment to go with the tank, ie light fixture (4-foot) Tek 6xT5, ER skimmer, maybe a return pump, power-heads, even a glass tank to be used as sump.
Canopy is still there but I removed the old reflector.
Stand seems to be solid Oak but needs the bottom shelf replaced as it is pressed board and is falling apart at some edges, a nice plywood sheet will do the trick.
The plan was to increase the height by about 6" by adding a base and then paint the stand black; afa the canopy, it was to build a new canopy.

http://www.bareefers.org/forum/attachments/img_3737-jpg.5681/

Free to pick up in SF.

4' long tank? I'm really tempted to set it up as a holding tank for my fish, and not the franken-monster I created.

If no one jumps on it, I'll take it.

if it's 6' long I definitely will take it, I'm hesitant at 4, just because my fish I need to keep are tang in nature.

It's a 150g tank with a volume of 90g? That overflow doesn't look that big, unless 150g is including the sump volume.

Actually if it's a true 150, 5'x2'x2' I'll take that too. I have a habit of having temporary/holding tanks that stay up for a LONG time that actually end up being "show tank" in appearance (rock work, corals, the works!)/ Plus it'll give me the perfect opportunity to get rid of that 8' x 3' x 18" tank out too :D

Man, I don't know why I thought it was 150 gallons. I only had it in my possession for a couple days before I passed it onto my buddy

Back