Our mission

Yet another cube, small cube thing in progress.

Should have sprung for black pvc for the vertical pieces young padawan ;)

"Do or do not"

20180904_151702.jpg

Siphon issues?

Keep in mind that the black pipe color is only temporary. They will be pink/other colors in no time.

Is it possible to take the pipes out for cleaning once rocks are in?
Or at least unscrew the nozzles and clean it a bit?

Should be great at keeping ditritus from gathering.

Siphon issues?

Keep in mind that the black pipe color is only temporary. They will be pink/other colors in no time.

Is it possible to take the pipes out for cleaning once rocks are in?
Or at least unscrew the nozzles and clean it a bit?

Should be great at keeping ditritus from gathering.

The return nozzles have a small hole drilled on the back to prevent siphon to the sump once return pump is off.
The closed-loop manifold is glued only at the top; below the waterline <2" the pipes are not glued; with the weight of the sand and rock, I can pull up the manifold. All four corners' Loc-lines are on slip bushings, just a twist-n-pull motion to bring them up.
In the event I remove the vertical pipes for something different, I can leave the ones under the sand and just plug them.

Yeah definitely think you'll regret it if you hook up the Oceans Motion has pictured, salt spray will ruin that motor on top.

But I think it's hilarious how long you've had it and never used it, I can't even remember when I sold that to you. (assuming that was mine)

Yeah, these little gadgets have limitations. I got this one from you Mike around 10 years ago and still “new”
The gph limit on this small unit is ~900
I have a big one of these but it has to be at home, I’ll find it, some day...
The manufacturer has had its up and downs and now offers only the big units; four and six way.
The drum it has installed I think I can modify it to allow for more flow or at least less restricted flow.

Back