Our mission

You and TDS

What kind of TDS readings are you all getting from your tap?
It would be awesome if you could also mention where you are located.

damn all you people!

Hmm I should check near the front of my house where the water comes in... just to make sure its not my pipes, I do know that near the back the copper merges with galvanized because it was too difficult to replace.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=6117.msg77591#msg77591 date=1233348877]
damn all you people!

[/quote]
+1 LOL

400+ in San Jose... 300 on a good day..

300+ .. Sometimes lower if we get a lot of rain. in Antioch
Hard water .. and high Calcium, wish I could use tap water in my tank, would never have to worry about calcium!! And no PH problems either as the tap runs around 8. to 8.4

Yes, I'm worried about RODI waste water. Been thinking about trying good Hayward water and using a double DI filter. Any comments on that idea?

my RIDO waste water goes to my lawn :)

double DI would work, but you may find yourself going through resin kinda fast. How fast is dependeng on the source and media.

Yeah the whole waste water bit has been sticking at me at considering how big I want my tank to get... I can argue to myself "Oh it goes into my garden" which is great, but in all honesty I would not put even close to that much water into my yard anyways. Its one of those things that sticks me in the side... we're asked to conserve water etc, yet cities just green light all sorts of housing developments in areas where water is not really available... kind of like Vegas! :D

That being said, a multi-DI setup with no-RO is appealing, I might go that direction IF I had much lower TDS, or the chemicals used to recharge resin were cheaper (Lye & Muratic Acid?)

What you do is run the waste water into an elevated holding tank set up to a dripline on a timer. Run this to all your shrubbery :)

I could, and in fact once I find a way to get a 300g rubbermade from my parents place to here (15 miles away, but it won't fit in the Prius :D) I'll actually store the water, and have some plumbing system all over the place.

However it still doesn't change the fact that I would not ordinarily put even close to that much water in my garden. Regardless of how much I'm "using" the waste water.

150-350 Here

Jay, AFA rationing I'm one of the lucky few that have their own closed system water district, we don't worry too much about water in Montara. Plus, the head of the water district can thank me for his job, so I better get all of the water I need...

[quote author=iani link=topic=6117.msg77581#msg77581 date=1233346152]
SF below 30ppm. As low as 7ppm once.
[/quote]

What area of SF?

33 ppm here in Point Richmond.

I think my TDS meter might be broken, though. I watched C-SPAN while doing detailed boring work and it didn't go up at all.

Back