High Tide Aquatics

Your thoughts on the practices of this company???

I have a friend who sent me this link to this company called Jellyfish art, and I was astonished what they were selling. It reminded me of sea people kits they sell to kids, yet they are jellyfish. None of these tanks have anykind of filtration system, from my understanding, they are just basicly glass bowls. Plus they diminstrate how to add the jellyfish to their tanks by simply filling it up with water, using amquel and then aclimating for 30 mins. Would they not just die during the cycling process? It would seem to me that they are avertising the wrong message to people on how to properly care for jellyfish. Am I just being over sensitive to this or is there some validity to my concern?

Ive seen the there warehouse a couple of times, looks like they have a pretty decent tank system. I dont know about there practices and instructions, for the care of jellys.

Thanks, I just was curious because i think by buddy is going to try out one of their systems and I didn't feel completely right with what they are doing, but i just wanted to check with other people because I had no idea. I just like getting in the habit of finding out and not assuming judgements.

Back