Zebra Barred Dartfish Trio (Divers Den) - $50 OBO

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by wpeterson, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

[​IMG]
    (Stock Photo from Divers Den Above)

[​IMG]
    (Crappy Cell Phone Pic From Our Tank)

Fish - Too Big For Us
    We bought three Zebra Barred Dartfish from Divers Den, but they were much larger than listed. Each one is 6-7" long and about 1/2" thick (despite Diver's Den listing them as 3-4"). Due to this, they would be happier in a bigger tank than our 90 gallon. We paid over $100, but they're yours for $50 OBO if you can give them a proper home.

Warning
    We had an outbreak of ich in our tank in the past. These dartfish did not have symptoms, but we removed them and treated them with medication in a hospital tank for 3 weeks with other fish. They have never been symptomatic and have been treated carefully, but you should be aware.

You and Your Tank
    Please have a large tank (120+ gallons) for these fish and be willing to keep them together as a group - they're bonded. You should have lots of rockwork and caves for them to hide in. They need secure bolt holes to feel comfortable and will burrow under rocks if appropriate territory isn't available. Your rockwork should be secure and solid.

Why Are We Selling
    These are beautiful fish and open water swimmers that add a lot of color and movement to the upper water column of your tank, but they deserve a bigger home than our tank. Having already removed them when we treated all of our fish in hospital tank, it was an easy time to think about a new home.

I'd like to get $50 for these guys, but if you can prove you have a great tank for them and really want them we can make a deal.

PM me here or email winfield.peterson@gmail.com. Pickup in Mountain View any time.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

Wow, 7" long. I did not know they got that big.
    I am very interested. I have a 240G tank.
    But I have a fish in my QT tank until next weekend (April 4). I will PM you then if not already sold.

3. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

Thanks for the interest. I'm hoping to find them a home by this weekend since they've been living in a 20 gallon hospital tank. Your tank sounds like a great fit, though.

4. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

5. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

Big thanks to @rygh for a smooth transaction and making a good home for these fish.

Fish are sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.