Our mission

Zeolite Reactor Flow

Also you mentioned starting a refugium with macro algae. I currently am running one. I did just what you said and used an ATO container and put a bulkhead in it and put the return into my sump. It's been working out great, however I've read that ZEOvit tanks nutrients are too low to support macro algae so I'm going to take my chaeto out, but keep the refugium with rock in it for pods to reproduce.

Yes, I had one running but once it got really low nutrient my chaeto started to brown and I removed it. Now that I'm bringing the nutrients back up I'm debating restarting the fuge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why I was asking. Having the chaeto and dosing nitrates seems to be counter productive. I was planning on running a full zeovit system but decided I'd try without it for a while and see how it went. So far levels are looking good so I haven't seen the need.

I feel like I'm able to get my nitrates up but my phosphates are creeping up too. I've got a bad of gfo in the sump, but not that successful at reducing phosphate (currently at 0.09). So I can either 1) give up on raising nitrates and go back to ulns and standard zeo; 2) start a gfo reactor; 3) start fuge which will reduce both nitrate and phosphate, and I can dose nitrates. Maybe gfo is the better option? Plus side of fuge is pods and pH stabilization.

That's why I was asking. Having the chaeto and dosing nitrates seems to be counter productive. I was planning on running a full zeovit system but decided I'd try without it for a while and see how it went. So far levels are looking good so I haven't seen the need.
Alright you speak with the voice of reason. No fuge. Maybe gfo reactor.

Back