Bay Area Reefers (BAR) respects our members' privacy. Any personal information that you provide to BAR through membership or event registration is kept confidential and will *NOT* be sold, rented, traded, or distributed to any other company or individual outside of the duly appointed club officers charged with specific membership related tasks.
Anti Harassment / Anti Discrimination Policy
The Bay Area Reefers(BAR) maintains a policy of ensuring an environment free from harassment and discrimination in all BAR activities.This policy covers harassment and/or discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation, race or color, marital status, ethnicity, religion or creed, ancestry, national origin, disability, age, medical condition, veteran’s status, and any other characteristic protected by law. Any such harassment will not be tolerated and will be dealt with as a serious violation of BAR policy. All BAR members are responsible for implemention and compliance with this policy. This policy applies at all times that members are engaged in BAR sponsored activities.
Sexual harassment is demonstrated by unwelcome sexual advance, requests for sexual favors, and other conduct or communication of a sexual or gender-based nature, when:
• Submission to this conduct is an explicit or implicit term or condition of a member's participation in BAR activities; or
• Submission to or rejection of the conduct is used as a basis for decision affecting the participation of a club member in BAR activities; or
• The conduct has the purpose or effect of interfering with a member's participation in club activities or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment.
Other harassment is demonstrated by conduct or communication that denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward a club member because of his or her race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, disability, or other characteristic protected by law, when the conduct has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment or unreasonably interfering with a club member's participation in BAR activities.
Examples of such harassment include but are not limited to:
• unwelcome and repeated flirtation, propositions or advances;
• using epithets, slurs, or explicit or offensive language directed at persons of protected characteristics;
• threatening, intimidating or engaging in hostile acts, including jokes or pranks, that focus on a protected characteristic,
• written or graphic material that is sexually suggestive or denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward a person or group because of a protected characteristic.
Any BAR member who feels they are a victim of harassment and unable to resolve the problem with the person committing the harassment should promptly notify a member of the BAR BOD. Members should feel free to raise their concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Retaliation against a person who has made a harassment allegation will not be tolerated and no action will be taken against any member for reporting or opposing unlawful harassment.
BAR BOD members who observe or become aware of harassment, discrimination, and/or retaliation shall report the matter to the BOD as a whole. The BOD will conduct a thorough investigation and implement appropriate action and corrective procedures. Investigations will be conducted as fairly and expeditiously as possible assuring confidentiality for both the complainant and the respondent to the extent possible.
Violators of this policy are subject to action up to and including termination of their membership in BAR.