Cali Kid Corals

Don't have privilege replying certain forums

I think that it is a bug. I saw a post a few days ago regarding this issue. Something about overhauling the system soon or something, I don't know anything about web coding, so take this response with a grain of salt lol

I think that it is a bug. I saw a post a few days ago regarding this issue. Something about overhauling the system soon or something, I don't know anything about web coding, so take this response with a grain of salt lol

Ok dokie. I'll just keep my trap shuts then...

No, like this...
IMG_1737.PNG

Still waiting on someone to give me hosting info and other forum admin stuff so I can look into this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are only disabled on buy/sell/trade forum it may be intentional since you are on a retailer account.

Not saying it is necessarily the right way to approach it, but at least it kind of makes sense if they are trying to prevent stores from taking over that forum.

I just looked through the admin. Sponsors don't currently have access to the Buy/Sell/Trade forums (meaning they can only read, but not post anything).

I don't make up the rules, just looking through the permissions and that's what's going on. It's probably someone else's call whether we allow this. I mean, Robert and co. are great and trustworthy, so should be OK. But if someone with the authority gives me the go ahead, I can make the change.

This is news to me...not sure why sponsors shouldn't be allowed on bst forums. I say fine. Maybe one more bod member second me?

Could just be a mistake when setting up? It actually just inherits non-supporting members' privileges, so it could have very well been a mistake.

Perhaps someone from the previous regime thought it better that a LFS couldn't get involved in member sale or trade? I wouldn't think any of current sponsors would do it, but maybe a general protection from something like, "hey, I got what that member is selling for $X in the shop. Stop on by if you want it."

But then again...They could just accomplish the same thing with a PM....No biggy probably.

Last edited:
Perhaps someone from the previous regime thought it better that a LFS couldn't get involved in member sale or trade? I wouldn't think any of current sponsors would do it, but maybe a general protection from something like, "hey, I got what that member is selling for $X in the shop. Stop on by if you want it."

But then again...They could just accomplish the same thing with a PM....No biggy probably.
Or they couldpost it in their own forum.

This is news to me...not sure why sponsors shouldn't be allowed on bst forums. I say fine. Maybe one more bod member second me?

BAR has always been very picky about who to accept as a sponsor.

Robert and others are top notch and have been vetted. They are great as sponsors and as members.

Most likely a configuration mix up.

Back