Our mission

106 degrees in Redwood City and the garage tank temp is...........

I was a little concerned about this heat wave - my god 106 in RWC! Well good news is the tank system in the garage is only at 80 degrees, no ice packs and no chiller - Nice! I ran up to Ultimate Aquarium in San Mateo and they are running all day without lights to try and keep their livestock alive. How is everybody's tanks doing??
Cheers! Mark

I dont have fans and my lights are on. I began winterizing/insulating my tanks last week and I think it is helping to insulate them from the heat.

I got a text from my daughter last night around 6 with a picture of the sump at the high water mark.....seems as though the pump stopped....had to walk the wife thru how to turn on the pp4's to make sure we had water movement in the tank and had her place a floor fan right in front of the tank. When I got home at 11pm I thought that I might have to pull out the pump and soak it....but simply disconnected and re connected it and it sprung to life.....once the water started flowing thru the system the temp rose to 79.8.....and when we woke up today at 6 to open the house it was still sitting at 79.2. Glad the family was at home and they noticed that it didn't sound normal....they heard the gurgling of the drains once the pump went off.

106 in SF yesterday, I felt like I was in Manteca's BassPro parking lot five years ago.
Was early am in Los Gatos and felt it was an oven, got to SF and like an open flame!
Hope everyone's tanks are doing well.

Yeah yesterday it supposedly topped 106 in one part of SF, where I live maybe 98 (although my car swore to me it was 102 when I went to work). Second floor (living floor) pushed low 90s inside, luckily the basement is cooooooooool, tank never got hotter than 77. Really wish I had my tank room setup downstairs, I would have spent the whole weekend down there.

Took most things offline with the new route I am going including chiller and clocking at 80F for all tanks in the garage.

Back