Kessil

Erick's 57G LED Tank

Some new pictures, but not much change, added a bicolor blenny, a chromis, and a Royal Gramma (Gramma was last night and he didn't come out of the rocks this morning so no pic). Added two peppermint shrimp and Leng Sy Monti, some kind of green acro (horrida?) Neon toadstool, and light blue w/ brown polyp monti. All of the coral are frags and not really noticeable in the FTS.

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0218.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0219.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0221.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0227.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0229.JPG

A short video of my fish, they seem to like the left side of the tank better than the right side. (taken with iPhone4 just like all my other tank pics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki-AE6kQEss&hd=1

Thanks, I am trying to get a cabinet so I can have a nice space for all my wires and stuff, but it seems too expensive for the furniture. I am also fighting a cyano break out. It's my own fault I put in some bad rock and sand that had enough to take hold quickly. Here's a pic in it's ugliest at night it mostly goes away.

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0259.JPG

Thanks! I was checking out the tank when the lights were off, there were a hundred or so babies on the glass. From what I could tell they were mixed, some looked like cerrith, some strombus, and maybe some nassarius.

I only say nassarius because there was big line of eggs on the glass that I left alone for a couple of days but in reality all the babies were kind of too small for me to figure out what they were.

Here's a pic of the Nassarius snail eggs:

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0123.JPG

Got a better look at some of those baby snails. There were some Collinista snails in the mix as well.

My Solon Wrasse felt adventurous a couple nights ago and jumped into the overflow. It seemed just about impossible to get it out through the top, so I had to remove the drain pipe and flush him down... After two days of being stuck back there, he's no worse for ware. In fact his color actually seems more vibrant.

I was able to view a breeding event with something in the rocks. I first saw puffs of stuff coming out of a rock, I thought to myself what the heck is that? then it clicked something was releasing sperm, then I was looking around cause I figured if something was releasing sperm something else should be releasing eggs and sure enough, coming from another rock came out some little eggs. I couldn't see what was releasing them which made me kind of sad.
Then this morning I was feeding the tank and after the food was gone I noticed it started happening again. But this time I could see a little bit of the thing that was releasing sperm, still couldn't figure out what it was though cause it was mostly covered by rock. Then I was on the look out for eggs being let loose and bam! Stomatella :D

Back