Kessil

My First Reef: Redsea 525XL

Added more ammonia, again ORP dropped
bcedb395ba250b75f3b8e8e46ce7cc31.jpg

Oh and diatoms

63707ba21a7178a7706ed1afaff2ce20.jpg

Are you adding ammonia to check if the tank can process it?

Be careful you don't add too much or your nitrates are going to sky rocket. You will need a HUGE wc to bring that down so you don't get a HUGE algae problem.

If you have diatoms, cycle should be complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corals
A lot of stocking action in the last few days. I got tons of stuff from BAR member

@Gablami - a tons of coral, zoas, acan, duncan (wife's fav), rock nems (my fav), xenia, kenya tree, chalices
@RandyC - the zoas, chaeto and snails
@tankguy - red planet acro
@Coral reefer - leather coral (green nepthea?)
@sfsuphysics - Crusty the sump monsta

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 12.07.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 12.06.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 12.06.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 12.06.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 12.05.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 12.04.49 PM.png

Fuge bring up

@Gablami gave me his sump divider to set up my fuge. I tried to use my finnex light strip but the fit was wonky. So I bought a panel similar to @RandyC and stick it on the outside of the sump. I also made a chaeto sandwich with egg crate to maximize light coverage.

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 12.05.36 PM.png

There were a lot of Trocus snail still attached to the chaeto ball when I threw it into the divider. But a day after Crusty went in they were all gone lol? Does hermit eat macroalgae?

Last edited:
I gave you the Red Planet and if you dont like Kenya trees get that one out. You'll end up with hundreds of them. If anything happens to the Planet let me know

I gave you the Red Planet and if you dont like Kenya trees get that one out. You'll end up with hundreds of them. If anything happens to the Planet let me know

Does the Kenya tree pop up in other spot? I don't mind if it cover that little rock that it is on right now. We actually like the look of it

Edited the name :D The red planet seems to be fine at the spot we found for it. I saw polyp extension on second day. I'm watching the color for bleaching if the light is too high. So far it still very green.

Does the Kenya tree pop up in other spot? I don't mind if it cover that little rock that it is on right now. We actually like the look of it

Edited the name :D The red planet seems to be fine at the spot we found for it. I saw polyp extension on second day. I'm watching the color for bleaching if the light is too high. So far it still very green.
When your in Hayward you'll have to come see mine. Cool colors and yes that Kenya tree will be all over your tank. It won't just stay on that rock

When your in Hayward you'll have to come see mine. Cool colors and yes that Kenya tree will be all over your tank. It won't just stay on that rock

I'll definitely take you up on that invitation since you are so close by. Looked up on how Kenya tree propagate. I'll throw it out if the floater get out of hand.

Made a trip to Alameda over the weekend and got a pair of misbar perc from @D-Nak. I was originally going for a full bar pair with lighter coloration but my wife liked these better.

Also got some red macroalgae for the tank. I'll move some down into the sump to maintain the supply my DT inhabitants develop a taste for them.

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 11.27.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 11.27.29 AM.png

nice looking clowns! Onyx? I would add some snails to eat the diatoms. If you like coral that spread and pulse - I got alot of xenia (red sea pom pom) if you want some. They can get out of hand too.

nice looking clowns! Onyx? I would add some snails to eat the diatoms. If you like coral that spread and pulse - I got alot of xenia (red sea pom pom) if you want some. They can get out of hand too.

The clown is Onyx X something (picasso?)

I got some Trocus from @RandyC and they are keeping the diatom down.

I have a blue ish xenia, does your look like this?

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 6.25.13 PM.png

Back