High Tide Aquatics

Ashburn’s not so frugal 90g

Finally gave up and redid the pvc pipe flow on the frag tank stand. More updates coming and photos as well.

Corals are stabilized, most sps are gaining back color, and finally stop bleaching left and right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top down view at the softie frag
88e2abda5e75981d9b11112ce97715c7.jpg

My zoas I got from you last time each have a new polyp! Im confused though, is that one for sure an UTTER CHAOS? The pics Ive seen they look more red. Either way, both doing great and love them. Cheers

9b8600954f62bb7e4aae43e344e4e974.jpg

RODI/ATO water bucket, salt mix bucket at the bottom.

bcc9469e09f55342463b8b871cff7e48.jpg

Main tank

01c15c513e98986ebb5a3267c5c2c58b.jpg

Overshot of frag tanks all together

6fe453803c03d3b46c206da24c926a52.jpg

Top sps frag tank
dd09a502388473603184fe521c05520e.jpg

bottom softie/lps frag tank

cc7d509ee05504cfb456ecf5ffe376c3.jpg

New 40b sump fuge area has two marinepure blocks and chaeto growing area. gfo hangs at the top, currently not running.

1210a14166c4e3d8e66546c1bf215267.jpg

pipes in between. I was using water out from top frag to bottom frag tank, and turns out the water coming from top tank is creating too much bubbles and making a mess everywhere. So I re-did the plumbing. Now both tank gets its own feed from the return pump.

between 2 jobs and a family, 3 tanks, i'm getting 0 time sitting down and track my tank progress :/ but alas I'm updating something now.

got some sps frags from @Bruce Spiegelman and @daddio , Thanks guys! they are looking great btw,

tried a gyre 150 in the 50g lowboys, no go, it can't push enough water across 4 feet like mp40 does half the effort. but the thing is really quiet. so gyre is gone.

aqua forest 1 2 3 can't catch up with the dosing requirement, i have to get a new set every other month.. so i have to use kalk instead.

i tried the reverse light hours for the sump ( it used to be on 24hrs for sump, and 10hrs for DT/Frag tank) and guess what, @Flagg37, my ph went up to 8.0 and stayed there for a good amount of time instead of swining from 7.6-7.8 ( i still need to reconnect my external air tubes to my skimmer ) but the garage is pretty well ventilated with air coming from outside with side vents.

cutting up more frags..

making softie/zoa frag tank fishless so I dont dump any food in there but the reefrodi/coral food. to reduce the waste in the tank and less work to cleaning it up. might do the same with SPS frag tank as well soon.

currently battling hair algae in the frag tanks, and still trying to figure out which fish eats my algae, i thought it was my yellow tangs but turns out it wasn't, ( good thing i didn't get new yellow tangs..), what happened was I put some frags with bad GHA into my DT magnet rack on the side, and next day the GHA is all gone, so there's a fish that's mowing down the gha, i'd have to 'catch them' and move it to the frag tank just to clean up my GHA issue, the other fishes that i haven't tried are, hippos tang, fox face, flame angle, squirrel face, and damselfish???

i may have forgetting something but.. here's the brain dump for the moment. oh yes i need to kickmyself to record water test results :/

As everyone is saying, may well be an invert not a fish eating the GHA. Easier to move around too

Back