Cali Kid Corals

First Tank!

Update!
Added Dwight to the family.
and two corals that haven't opened up yet. i'll update with more picture when they do!
also got my new magnates in the mail so i no longer need to hold the anemone box up with my flipper cleaner. but i also had to learn how to get the anemone to let go of the flipper. those guys have one tight grip! but she is back to normal and happy again so thats good.

Attachments

• dwight.jpg
    dwight.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 251
  • sunshine 1-29-18.jpg
    sunshine 1-29-18.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 237
tested out some photos with my gf's iphone 8. let me know if you guys think these ones are better.

1UFhiWV.jpg

Attachments

• duncan 1-29-18.jpg
    duncan 1-29-18.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 236
  • gold hammer.jpg
    gold hammer.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 245
  • aussie 1-29-18.jpg
    aussie 1-29-18.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 244
My wife sent me these with her I 8 as well...decent quality, even got blennys tail in there. My clown has gained interest in my green plate LT coral. [emoji16]
82ac4ea59fb480d6f2310ff072811f74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep! Dwight is he goby, Jim is the small misbar clown and Pam is the one with lot more white.

Dwights always wearing his mustard shirt.

No. Somebody taught me about what light settings to turn up or down on my leds. Before I was just doing it with normal mode and it came out super blue. Or photo mode and it was just bad. This time I actually manually changed the lights until they looked better. And used her normal camera settings

Good photo! Also I like that coral haha. Going to have to give it a googlin

Thanks...confirming clown is sleeping in/on this piece. I purchased it to eliminate the wondering Nem issue I read about. ( I’m a novice and a bit under budget for what the pros on here have created for themselves.)[emoji16]

What does your yellow goby eat? Mine is such a lazy slow fish he doesn't chase food that's falling next to him.

So when I first got mine, he wouldn't eat anything. I tried multiple types of frozen, pellet, flake, wouldn't eat anything. And then he started eating frozen brine I wanna say around day 3-4, now he eats everything. But yes, very often now food will float in front of his face and he won't eat it sometimes. I'm happy if he snags a few morsels during feeding time

So when I first got mine, he wouldn't eat anything. I tried multiple types of frozen, pellet, flake, wouldn't eat anything. And then he started eating frozen brine I wanna say around day 3-4, now he eats everything. But yes, very often now food will float in front of his face and he won't eat it sometimes. I'm happy if he snags a few morsels during feeding time

oh okay! i just thought mine was blind and didnt notice the food falling all around him. yesterday he attempted to eat some mysis shrimp and instead spit it out every time. so i tried pellets and he seems to like it a bit more. but he is starting to eat more than he was the first few days, maybe was just getting used to the area and the fattty clowns.

Back