Kessil

Anyone want to do a grow out contest?

So I don’t think I stated this on the first post, but you need to be a supporting member by the date of the frag swap to join. There are definitely plenty for everyone, though some heads might be a tad smaller or bigger, it should be relatively even

So I don’t think I stated this on the first post, but you need to be a supporting member by the date of the frag swap to join. There are definitely plenty for everyone, though some heads might be a tad smaller or bigger, it should be relatively even

Am I still not an active member? I haven’t noticed but I thought my account is on a reoccurring charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I still not an active member? I haven’t noticed but I thought my account is on a reoccurring charge.

It is not automatic and there is no notification of your membership expiring other than your status changing back to "guest".

Im down for the grow out. We just get a piece and see who gets the most after a months end or something?

Im down for the grow out. We just get a piece and see who gets the most after a months end or something?

That’s pretty much it. There’s normally an official thread that will get started that lays out the rules and how to track the progress.

No zoas here either. I'd be up for an Acro grow out contest though. They're not that hard to judge. Just get initial size of the frag and then do a comparison after x number of months.

No zoas here either. I'd be up for an Acro grow out contest though. They're not that hard to judge. Just get initial size of the frag and then do a comparison after x number of months.

But I can’t grow acro :(

Weekend was hectic, will be cutting these frags today. I’ll be bringing these frags to the swap, where everyone can pick them up. I’m not sure how fast they grow, so most heads by December, or first to hit 20 heads win

Not all contests are inclusive. It gives you something to strive towards or to let others have a go at it. Also, keep in mind, that what you get at the end of this is not only the coral, but the knowledge of how best to grow that specific piece. Usually information about lighting, placement/flow, and husbandry are tracked or can be acquired from the person with the most growth and/or color. Someone can then take that knowledge and apply it towards their first sps/acro if they've never grown one.

Back