got ethical husbandry?

What are you planning to bring to the Frag Swap ?

By the way, since I'm quite new to the hobby and doesn't have that many corals yet in my tank, I'll go to a store to purchase the 3 frags. Does people prefer that I bring softies or hard corals?
Good Morning @juanfdezdc I dont think I had a chance to welcome you to the club, so welcome to the club! My son and I have enough corals growing that we would like to give you 3 frags so that you can come and enjoy our members swap. We can bring them to the swap with us and give them to you.
Cheers! Mark and Peter

Good Morning @juanfdezdc I dont think I had a chance to welcome you to the club, so welcome to the club! My son and I have enough corals growing that we would like to give you 3 frags so that you can come and enjoy our members swap. We can bring them to the swap with us and give them to you.
Cheers! Mark and Peter
Hi Mark and Peter! Oh, thanks a lot! Really appreciate it!
I love this club! :-D

An impressive list of nice corals so far... love it. Wasn't expecting to come home with much...mostly because I'm all full up, but am now reconsidering.

I'll bring
Mummy eye chalice
Calacali acro
Unnamed Tort
Purple Formosa
Various montis

So I’m just wondering what everyone’s mounting preferences are for frag swaps. Plugs, disks, rubble? From what I’ve read, it sounds like some people just toss the plug anyways?
I will be bringing nepthea, zoas, green polyp toadstool, Xenia for free table, and those zoas for the contest

So I’m just wondering what everyone’s mounting preferences are for frag swaps. Plugs, disks, rubble? From what I’ve read, it sounds like some people just toss the plug anyways?
I will be bringing nepthea, zoas, green polyp toadstool, Xenia for free table, and those zoas for the contest
I don’t think there is only 1 right answer for this. Just keep in mind lots of people will remove the frag from whatever it’s on, so don’t go too nuts with the gluing :)

I prefer rubble, but I'd say just to be safe it might be a good idea to put the frags on something that might be easy for people to take the coral off so they can put it on whatever they want. I've heard tiles make it easy to get the corals off with minimal damage. I think no matter what you put it on, there will always be people that take it off and put it on something else.

Plugs or discs works well. I usually cut 1-2 weeks before the event, then pack them into clear deli containers (Smart & Final for economy ones). Usually a dab of IC gel is placed on the bottom and then adhered to the container (to prevent rocking, tossing, etc.). A label is then printed with the needed info and they're ready to hit the swap.

When I get frags, I usually pull whatever is on there off the plug/discs, dip (Bayer), and then remount on new plugs/discs/rubble. I rather not keep any encrusting tissue (use a scalpel to lift off the top of the mounting surface) than to deal with any sort of pesks, hitchhikers, eggs, etc.

Me! This will be the first club event I will have attended in about two years I have a bunch of frags ready to go.

Green Cyphastrea
Palmer's Blue Millipora
Superman Lephastrea
Orange Bubble tip anemone
Discosoma mushrooms (orange, green)
ricordia Florida (orange)
Neon green leather

I’ve been in/around the club for years but this will be my first swap. I used to help Eddie manage Tropical Paradise and we used to host BAR meetings there many moons ago so I’ve prob met a few of you before.

In any event, I will be bringing orange yuma, sunny d zoas, green nepthea, and the pink chalice and rainbow chalice in the pics below. Will bring some other zoas and possibly a frag of JF beach bum if it’s needed for the ultra list/raffle as well
294fe8b2c2812a0221ca0b41b86c82e2.jpg
5f722f7111d41425a9d8a1b8a2ea9bc9.jpg
5fd19569c012a14c483e12cb5f4c7483.jpg
12d1d83113a81f6865417a9801a04f0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been in/around the club for years but this will be my first swap. I used to help Eddie manage Tropical Paradise and we used to host BAR meetings there many moons ago so I’ve prob met a few of you before.

In any event, I will be bringing orange yuma, sunny d zoas, green nepthea, and the pink chalice and rainbow chalice in the pics below. Will bring some other zoas and possibly a frag of JF beach bum if it’s needed for the ultra list/raffle as well
294fe8b2c2812a0221ca0b41b86c82e2.jpg
5f722f7111d41425a9d8a1b8a2ea9bc9.jpg
5fd19569c012a14c483e12cb5f4c7483.jpg
12d1d83113a81f6865417a9801a04f0c.jpg

Beautiful tank.

I’d like to suggest that we make the first round at least twice as long or have some other way for people to see what’s there before having to just pick something quickly.

Subsequent rounds are less of an issue because there are fewer corals and you’ve already seen some of them.

Back