Neptune Aquatics

[Apr 14, 2018] Members Frag Swap (Hayward, CA)

Lets stop perpetuating this. It's really not what we want. We want corals that are thriving in captivity, ideally propagated by our fellow members. If someone doesn't have corals to swap they should still come, I'm sure there are people who will give them corals, but they shouldn't need to swap so bad that we are resorting to buying corals. Just my opinion, but it kinda goes against the whole idea of the swap. It's not really about "getting corals" as much as it is about sharing what we are successful in propagating ourselves.
Agree. Especially for members at the members only swap.

Also the people most appreciative of being able to get the “less desirable” corals at the swaps are the folks just starting or restarting, who may not have corals to swap yet.

Any chance of a sticky about frag swap rules, i.e. number of corals, "tickets", rounds, ultra corals etc.? This is my first swap and trying to figure out exactly what I should bring but between the three threads regarding the swap, I don't have a clear understanding. Thanks!

Bring at least 3 different corals to swap. Ultra corals get a ticket, and every 3 bonus corals get a ticket for bonus round. People with tickets pick first, then we do groups until all corals are gone

Turns out I can attend. Been offline for awhile with extended family issues but am making a comeback. I need to search later for a volunteer thread and read this long one. Hope it's okay to have a non-reefer scientist who supports classroom projects stop by to check out the event since he expressed interest.

How can I find out if we are still supporting members? If not how can we upgrade? Can’t tell on the actual forum (not Tapatalk)

Thanks

LB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both status and how to upgrade are not very obvious for some reason... took me a while to figure out how to upgrade initially.

Looks like you’re not a supporting member right now, says guest when I click your name on your post in this thread.

I think to upgrade it’s the 3 lines icon at the top right, then Your Account, then Account Upgrade on the left nav bar. Strangely, that left nav bar doesn’t display on a phone in portrait position, only in landscape, so you may have to turn your phone to see it. It shows on a regular computer and tablet. :)

Bonus round rules
1 bonus round ticket for 3 bonus frags can be the 3 entry frags. One ticket per 3 bonus frags over the entry
Example: Cali tort, butt muncher, pink boobies

Bonus coral can repeat 2 per ticket entry up to a total of 5 frags of one type.
Example: 3 tickets for
Cali tort, Cali tort, butt muncher 1 ticket
Cali tort, Cali tort, butt muncher 1 ticket
Cali tort, butt muncher, butt muncher 1 ticket

1 bonus round ticket for 1 ultra frag over the 3 entry frags. One ticket for each ultra frags over the entry
3 regular coral 1 jawbreaker equals 1 ticket
3 regular coral 2 jawbreaker equals 2 tickets
Ultra coral no limit on repeats.

Example 1. 3 bonus corals and 1 ultra gets you 2 tickets.
Example 2. 1 ultra and 3 regular gets you 1 ticket.
Example 3. 3 bonus and 2 ultra gets you 3 tickets
Example 4. 2 ultra and 3 regular gets you 2 tickets
Example 5. 6 bonus corals gets you 2 tickets.

Bonus round is first round. Participants can take up to 2 frag for 2 tickets Bonus round 1 is 4 minutes
bonus round 2 will be all those still with tickets and can take 1 frag for each ticket they have left. Bonus round 2 is 3 minutes

Regular rounds begin
First go round can be 3 minutes. One coral. The last group gets 2 corals and the time for each round. (example 3 minutes for the first and 2 for the second for a total of 5 minutes.)
All other rounds are one minute less

Is the room confirmed for the Weekend? I thought I saw somewhere we may have a room issue at school since Steve retired?

Hi everyone. I am new here and need some help. Where do I go to donate and become a participating member?

I would also like to be put on the RSVP list.

Thanks! :)

Hi everyone. I am new here and need some help. Where do I go to donate and become a participating member?

I would also like to be put on the RSVP list.

Thanks! :)
I think you click on the little person icon and then select upgrade profile to become a supporting member. As for rsvp, click on the yes box then post at the top of this thread. It won't show a check mark in the yes box but will add you to the list.

Making it difficult to figure out how to become a supporting member or when to renew it is our version of a secret handshake :)

Back