High Tide Aquatics

Peter's Garage Tank

My parents were part of the Bay Area reptile association years ago. The had over 40 different species of turtles and tortoises and was able to find homes for them all mostly through the club’s forum. You may want to try that (if they’re even around anymore).

It looks like a red eared slider. I’m not saying you should but if it found it’s way to a nearby lake, it would probably be just fine, hypothetically of course.
Very helpful! We found a link on their site for a group called Creepy Critters. They have 2 covered lakes in Los Banos and would be happy to reintroduce it to the "wild"
Thanks!

So the Galaxea looks a little odd.It is healthy. Some kind of white growth coming from under it. If it was a plant, I would say it was growing roots. Crappy iphone4 pics.
IMG_4520.JPG
IMG_4522.JPG

It might be a sponge. Just odd that it basically grew overnight and it spread all the way around the Galaxea. I am going to let it grow for a bit.

Watch that galaxea, it will kill every coral around it
Yea I am giving it a lot of room. Kinda funny, I have a coral that looks like a plating monti but it has ridges and I swear the sweepers are at least 3 inches long. Hard to comprehend where they come from on a coral that is as flat and thin as a potato chip.

Trying a free filter for the iphone. Peter's plate coral. As I understand, when it gets older it will fall off and grow on the sandbed?
fullsizeoutput_4.jpeg

11 days ago I lost my Yellow Coris Wrasse. It was one of my favorite fish. He got startled, darted out of the tank, hit the side of the cryptic tank, fell back into the display and then hit the sandbed so hard it made a giant cloud in the water. That's it, he was never seen again. Until..... today, I walked by the tank and there it was, swimming around like nothing happened. So weird!! 11 days in the sand.
Cheers!

The Yellow Coris is gone again. He was out on the 29th and 30th then gone. Perhaps he leads a double life. Everything else is good Parameters are really stable, upgraded to a 10 gallon ATO, and the Red Dragon is still alive - Yay!! I did notice an odd thing in my reef: it looks like a brown mis-shapen bubble algae about the size of a golf ball - very curious! I will add some pics. later.
As I have been shifting the lighting schedule to make better use of the PGE time of use plan I have noticed that I am not really enjoying the reefs as much. I really enjoyed having my morning coffee and feeding the reef at 6am when it was dark and the corals all had their sweepers out. It was kinda my motivation to drag out of bed in the morning. Now the tank lights up at 5am and is dark by 4pm, I feed it after dinner. I cant get into "the groove" I had before taking care of 8 tanks. Seems like every tank is now on a different schedule. My wife actually put her foot down and is making me change the schedule to how I had it before.
Cheers! Mark

How long were your coris in your tank for again? Mine used to only come out for feeding but now they are out 24-7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am done with this darn Caulerpa macro algae. Its growth was exploding and was choking about 20 of my favorite corals. I grabbed a hammer and chisel and ripped the whole left side of my reef apart. There were 4 rocks that were really infested, 2 about the size of cantelopes and 2 the size of dinner plates. They are all out of the reef now along with a couple smaller infested rocks. I think I got 99% of it out. I was able save almost all of the corals (although they are strewn about everywhere in the tank) Tomorrow I will attempt to start rebuilding.
Cheers! Mark

Back