Cali Kid Corals

10 year old female seeking new home

Both pairs dropped in at the same time for intro; they were bonded at the LFS. The skunks went with the RBTA and the ocellaris originally went with the green BTA, but eventually migrated over to the carpet.

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, you had your share of troubles. What did you eventually get to work?

There will never be a harem without its issues. I was a bit too aggressive with trying to remove an offender before they could work it out. Ultimately, you need a dominant pair per "territory", where both are much larger than the rest. Until that happens, the group of clowns will fight until this happens (either by killing a threatening clown, or by eventually eating more and growing to the point that they are no longer threatened by outgrowing the others). The "territory" is obviously controversial. In small tanks, this is the entire tank. In my situation, it was the tank until I added a magnifica anemone. At that point there were two territories, one magnifica, and one the rest of the tank. Once that happened, the remaining males fought amongst each other to try to figure out who would be the dominant one outside of the mag.

Back