Our mission

2018 CFM official thread

Hi all,

We just secured our booth space for the Coral Farmers Market on Saturday, August 4th. (Booth OO) We are not going to offer pre-sale tickets through the club, but they are available for five dollars through the coral farmers market website or from Ed at Clear Water Aquarium (BAR sponsor)
http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/silicon-valley-coral-farmers-market.22243/

I will continue to update this first post as we make more progress, so check back often.

We have a couple volunteers and are going to need more to setup, sit at the booth, and take down

@Chromis has volunteered to help setup
@Ranjib Dey has volunteered for a "shift" at the booth
@Kim Pattison has graciously offered a pair of clowns for the raffle and will bring a tank for them to be in - Thank You!

Last edited:
Raffle:
So far we have the clownfish and possibly a donation from Fritz Salt.
If we could get a volunteer to solicit more donations for the raffle, that would be great

I can offer some of my 3d printed stuff for the raffle and I will see if I can 3d print an sign or something interesting for the table. Maybe some fidget swag for people who stop by.

I may be able to volunteer, I have to check with the boss.

I can offer some of my 3d printed stuff for the raffle and I will see if I can 3d print an sign or something interesting for the table. Maybe some fidget swag for people who stop by.

I may be able to volunteer, I have to check with the boss.
Be happy to get any help I can

fyi setup on Friday includes helping do the Drapes and Framing setup, not just our booth. I returned everything to Treasurer Mike and Bruce. Mike will have shirts, banner, glue, and cash if needed.

We centralized everything with Treasurer Mike after the last one. He should have the banners, sales stuff, tanks, and everything. I have nothing here, but let me know what you need.

Good Morning All,
Liz @Chromis has volunteered to work with the webmasters to see if we can't fix some of the registration problems we had at the last event.
Thanks! Liz

Volunteers
We Need:
- Webmasters to work with Liz to get website issues taken care of
- At least 2 more people to set up Friday night
- Someone to possibly get a new banner made
- Someone to solicit donations for raffle

-Booth Manpower
11-12
12-1
1-2
2-3
3-4
4-5
Someone to take down/store booth items
We are in a real time crunch to get organized for this event, so lets get these spots filled.

Why do you think you need a new banner?
I presume this is the current outdated banner??:
a6226f272cbf018670e844d964dd8fb9.jpg

Some of them weren't "sponsors" when we decided on the banner. The decision was made that BAR would support the good shops in the area as part of the reefing community. They had valid reasons not to sponsor us and we felt we should still support them while we worked on the issues.

I highly recommend maintaining a digital list of membership sign ups. I can set it up if required.
Something we can improve from our past experience.

Reactions: JVU
Don't forget - those 3 who help on Friday night can get free passes for Sat. (we got 3 last time). More helpers would be better as it did take some time to set everything up. Also it gives you good Karma for winning raffles...I won from Steve Last time.

Volunteers
We Need:
- Webmasters to work with Liz to get website issues taken care of
- At least 2 more people to set up Friday night
- Someone to possibly get a new banner made
- Someone to solicit donations for raffle

-Booth Manpower
11-12
12-1
1-2
2-3
3-4
4-5
Someone to take down/store booth items
We are in a real time crunch to get organized for this event, so lets get these spots filled.

I will be attending and not paying for a booth this time, that makes me available for a few slots and perhaps a back up for others. I will plan to be there entire show on Saturday and can help break down and store items if necessary. I also have the frag tank I brought last few shows empty if it is needed just lmk. Looking forward to not actually working this show so don’t overload me please. [emoji1305][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back