Jestersix

Magma wrasse pair!

The universe was in my favor today... saw a magma wrasse at Neptune, and then another magma at AC that's smaller.

Given how rare these wrasses are, and that I happen to find two of different sizes and likely gender compatible which increases chance of successful pairing, I bit the bullet.

Might be the only pair in the area at the moment ;)

The bigger one is hiding on the rock crack while the smaller one is checking out the yellow coris wrasse milling about...
f099820d2fa0a822cb17062b498db0c8.jpg
a99b1e71a338cfdf10f057880c7ea58c.gif

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Great bumping into you -- always nice to meet members randomly :)

Good luck to you on your new tank search. Check out the Aqua Japan tanks, just for another option...

I have a build thread on mine...if you want to see pics.
Good luck with your new additions. It was nice to meet you also..

AQ

After more thought... I think I will see about getting a harem together...

Either the best or worst fish idea I've had in a while... I think I need to get a second job soon at this rate

If you are a little patient you'll have little trouble getting a harem together. Last year, for about four months straight, they were available from the wholesalers every week and in pretty good quantity. That makes me suspect that they are now being collected seasonably like some other wrasses. Give it a few more months and you should be able to find 3-4 more at a decent price.

No top besides the eurobracing?
Nope. Was planning to build some screens but was told by many that euro brace minimizes jumpers.

I put it to the test so to speak with my pair of coris wrasses and no issues so far. But, given the cost of magmas, that makes me a bit uneasy so thinking about putting screens in...

You will lose wrasses without a lid.They do tend to jump near the edge, but they point is they jump. I lost my fully grown Magma even with a lid. All wrasses jump when startled and you can't hope it will always be at the corners. The only wrasses that don't jump are those that are already dead on the floor.

Nope. Was planning to build some screens but was told by many that euro brace minimizes jumpers.

I put it to the test so to speak with my pair of coris wrasses and no issues so far. But, given the cost of magmas, that makes me a bit uneasy so thinking about putting screens in...

On a related note...

Sadly, I just found my target mandarin in my filter media of my AIO. It jumped through the small inch gap in my lid... :/

On a related note...

Sadly, I just found my target mandarin in my filter media of my AIO. It jumped through the small inch gap in my lid... :/

I'm starting to think I need to get my hermits out of my tank. I suspect they are hunting my target mandarins. 2nd time this has happened where my targets jump out. Sigh.

Back