Kessil

Tips on moving RFA for tank upgrade

henergizer

Supporting Member
Hello BAR,

I finally convinced the gf to let me upgrade tanks!

On top of the upgrade, I am relocating from San Francisco to Hayward and thus will be transferring everything within the week.

So far the plan is to remove everything from my 6g (live rock, corals, fish) and keep them in separate containers. Keep as much water as I can but leave the sand (rinse and reuse). Make the drive, add the live rock, acclimate the fish and corals and done.

Now the question is, I have a single RFA that decided to attach itself onto the glass of the 6. Any tips on moving the guy off the glass?

Also any tips or suggestions for the tank move is greatly appreciated as well!

Hello BAR,

I finally convinced the gf to let me upgrade tanks!

On top of the upgrade, I am relocating from San Francisco to Hayward and thus will be transferring everything within the week.

So far the plan is to remove everything from my 6g (live rock, corals, fish) and keep them in separate containers. Keep as much water as I can but leave the sand (rinse and reuse). Make the drive, add the live rock, acclimate the fish and corals and done.

Now the question is, I have a single RFA that decided to attach itself onto the glass of the 6. Any tips on moving the guy off the glass?

Also any tips or suggestions for the tank move is greatly appreciated as well!

You can use your bare fingers to gently rub and peel the foot off or you can use a plastic card (credit card) to very gently scrape it off. Be careful not to tear the foot.

Since you have a small amount of rock, I would try to keep it immersed in tank water in a bucket or bag. You might have already planned that.

Thank you everyone for their suggestions.

I touched its foot and it immediately let loose.

The tank move/upgrade was a success as well!

Back