Our mission

Mega clam

As i was visting my family and my wife’s family in SoCal, I stumbled upon an LFS called
Tat tropical illusion. As I was checking out the store, something caught my attention... there was a giant clam... I mean giant. At least 2 1/2 feet wide. Yes. That’s not a typo. At first I was... hmmmm that can’t be real... it’s cool... but can’t be real!!!! As I got closer and closer... long and behold... it was freaking moving... and there was a clown inside it.

I have never seen a clam this large ever before... just though I’d share it with you guys. See pics below.

c6972e4fb0b8cd339acda11db838cae1.jpg

23849c69ee0124277891fd081019ba70.jpg

f704a854175bc1a348bfee66c0e8c9ea.jpg

3c93d24f281437dcbe8ce7cf01fc83ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whaaaaaaaaaaatt???!!!! That thing is amazing. I can't believe that clam is being kept alive, with its massive light and food requirements. Did you see what lighting it had? Does it eat an entire bottle of Reef Nutrition food daily?

Wow, that’s amazing. I was just in that area a couple months ago and had time to kill. I wish I had stopped by that store.

Whaaaaaaaaaaatt???!!!! That thing is amazing. I can't believe that clam is being kept alive, with its massive light and food requirements. Did you see what lighting it had? Does it eat an entire bottle of Reef Nutrition food daily?

To be honest I did not recognize the lighting... but for sure he had LED lights.

One of the guys on the forums was selling something like that... but smaller for $1K... can't imagine how much they'd want for that monster!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

wow I wonder if they raised it since it was fist size or bought it from a wholesaler big already.

At the pace my clams growing in captivity, Ill be lucky if it gets this big in 50 years.

wow I wonder if they raised it since it was fist size or bought it from a wholesaler big already.

At the pace my clams growing in captivity, Ill be lucky if it gets this big in 50 years.

I doubt that they raised it. My brother in-law said they opened the place a little over a year ago.

Last edited:
Personally what made this mesmerizing were the clowns staying inside the clam... you can see one of the clowns in the last pic

Back