Jestersix

Rygh's 250 gallon - Rev 3

Skimmer still working overtime...
The last couple of rocks I put in must not have been as clean.
It has been 9 days now, and I still have to clean the skimmer every day.
A fair amount of skimmate, but the really issue is that it is thick, and clogs the holes, then solidifies.

IMG_3068.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

Wow your skimmer is really working overtime on those organics. I’d run it wetter and clean it out more than once a day if needed, while it clears out the crap.

So this weekend I plan to move all the corals back to display tank.
I was going to wait until DT is a bit more mature, but they are not doing so well in QT as of late.

Weirdly, the one totally dead is all my GSP.
SPS sticks are so-so.
A couple of encrusting SPS are doing poorly
BTAs and hammer seem very happy.

I imagine I can find some replacement GSP somewhere though...

Once done, I may get a ton of snails, QT those, and put them in.

At the very least you get a do over, and if you see one (or more) just be very aggressive in removal. I would pull rocks out and chip off the rock rather than use any of the commonly sold snake oil treatments.

How long have you had that bicolor? Has it been a model citizen in your sps dominant tanks or similar to other Centropyge sp. where you get no polyp extensions?

I've been considering a small Joculator for awhile now.

How long have you had that bicolor? Has it been a model citizen in your sps dominant tanks or similar to other Centropyge sp. where you get no polyp extensions?

I've been considering a small Joculator for awhile now.

Had it for years. Not really sure how many. 3+
I have never "seen" it go after corals... but...
My singulara definitely had far less fuzziness after I put it in though, but did not close up.
I had no issues with Zoas and Polyps or SPS.

I bought it to eliminate Aptasia and Majanos, knowing it may not be reef safe, but taking the risk.
I think it did help with Aptasia. But not Majanos much.

With my tank reboot, my neon toadstools are not extending polyps.
Something is making them upset, and that fish is high on my suspect list.
I no longer have lots of other things for it to graze on.

Good community fish though, no aggression. Great coloration. Active swimmer.

I have 2 fireshrimps, bunch of hermits and snails. HT seems to leave them alone for now.

Is yours an Australian?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm actually the opposite, where I'd take the peppermints over the cleaners. Cleaners seems to be way more rambunctious in my tanks whereas the peppermints do serve a function.

Same colony a couple of weeks apart. Huge cluster of aiptasia in the middle, which the peppermints (x4 in total) took care of.
2018_09_06_rr_pink_diamonds_aipts.jpg

Is yours an Australian?
So I looked that up a while back, and supposedly it is not a real thing.
Sure, you can keep a lineage on where it is caught.
But it is really the same fish. There are many random variations, but not many based on location.
About the only real difference is that collection practices are better in Australia, so fish look better when sold.

Age matters though. They color up more. Mine has definitely improved as it has grown.

Basically : If it is more colorful, they call it Australian, and crank up the price.

I agree, they both look the same to me. I've read pretty much the same thing you have mentioned, they are pretty difficult or sometimes impossible to differentiate.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm actually the opposite, where I'd take the peppermints over the cleaners. Cleaners seems to be way more rambunctious in my tanks whereas the peppermints do serve a function.

Same colony a couple of weeks apart. Huge cluster of aiptasia in the middle, which the peppermints (x4 in total) took care of.
2018_09_06_rr_pink_diamonds_aipts.jpg
Bit the Cleaners are fun to watch when they setup a cleaning station and watch the fish go through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back