Kessil

MACNA 2018 - Las Vegas - September 7-9

Are you Attending

• Total voters
Sounds like Eric @Ibn sherpa'd some stuff home for folks. Who has the wrasses?

I will most likely be starting a DBTC chain for the 2 aussie pieces I snagged. 1 of which is most likely a granulosa.

Bruce has the contact for the cleaners but I think he's awaiting pic/video confirmation of eating from the vendor.

Already booked my hotel for RAP. Planning on driving down there and hang out with some friends.

The room rate for next year's MACNA is $180 per night. Not horrible.
Well it's not hugely horrible true, it is more than Las Vegas which was $114/night? But still over 3 nights that's almost $200 difference. I just figured there were cheaper hotels/conference centers OFF Disney property, as Disney is not exactly known for being the best value in town. But maybe the Orlando folks care less about cheapest price and want to give people the ability to "family" this trip with Disney World.

Well it's not hugely horrible true, it is more than Las Vegas which was $114/night? But still over 3 nights that's almost $200 difference. I just figured there were cheaper hotels/conference centers OFF Disney property, as Disney is not exactly known for being the best value in town. But maybe the Orlando folks care less about cheapest price and want to give people the ability to "family" this trip with Disney World.

The Westgate at LV was indeed $114/night ($129.25/night with tax and fees). There are cheaper hotels, but the resort is kind of enclosed off and if you take a look at the hotels near there, you're currently looking at $161 rate/night ($212/night with tax and fees). Couple that with the ride in and the time spent to get in/out of the park, you're looking at a comparable rate or even higher off Disney property.

The Westgate at LV was indeed $114/night ($129.25/night with tax and fees). There are cheaper hotels, but the resort is kind of enclosed off and if you take a look at the hotels near there, you're currently looking at $161 rate/night ($212/night with tax and fees). Couple that with the ride in and the time spent to get in/out of the park, you're looking at a comparable rate or even higher off Disney property.
I wasn't speaking of finding a cheaper place to stay and then going to the Disney place for the convention, I mean heck we have a Worldmark timeshare in Orlando if I really wanted to book a place to save some money. I was just curious why it was in the Disney resort in the first place being as there is more than one convention center in the hotbed of tourism that is Orlando. Just wondering what goes through decision process of choosing a conference center, accommodations, price, something else?

Wonder if you can get the Disney bus from the airport though, this hotel isn't owned by Disney compared to the other hotels on property, Orlando freeways are like a tourist trap of nickle and diming people who don't know any better when they leave the airport in a rental car.

Back