Cali Kid Corals

Apex Settings

I'd appreciate everyone's input on setting an Apex controller (HUGE thanks to @Vhuang168 ) ; there are eight outlets on the power bar. I'll get to the Fusion part some day.
What do you have plugged in in each port? I have a DJ power strip that can be dedicated to other things running 24/7
As far as equipment for the tank:
Return pump (plugged on the DJ)
CL pump
Heater/s
Skimmer
Lights (Apex?)
Sump light (Apex, still need to get those OxyLEDs from the eastbay guy/gal)
CaRx (Apex? or stand-alone Milwaukee SMS pH Controller)
ATO

As I progress with the build, might add some T5's but first things first...

I only plug in things into the Apex that need to be controlled by the Apex. Other things I just plug right into my DJ power strip.

DJ strip:
1. Cabinet light
2. Light lights (my AI Hydra, which is controlled by the AI app)
3. Pump for chiller/carbon/etc. <-- there's a water level switch on this pump (varios) so if the sump goes dry it'll shutoff, so no need for Apex control
4. ATK power (I guess for the pump)
5. Gyre backup battery
6. DOS power supply
7. DOS 2 power supply
8. nothing

Apex:
1. Heater
2. Gyre pump (the battery will keep it on though...)
3. Skimmer
4. Return pump
5. Chiller
6. Algae Reactor Light (always off now)
7. Algae reactor cooling fan (extra precaution with those hot LEDs, which I don't use)
8. U.V. Sterilizer (also not used, but just in case)

I have a VDM that controllers return pump speed. It could probably also control my Gyre, but that already has the Maxspec advanced controller.

A Jr has no 0-10v ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right! I was almost kicking myself for not checking before getting the VDM, but I remember now that was the case. I had pulled my Jr. out to see if it had any, no luck so bought the VDM.

The Apex has power sensing if it's outlets doesn't it? If so you might want to consider plugging your return pump into the Apex as well even though you're not going to control it with the Apex, but simply being warned if the power changes, i.e. no power... uh oh, pulling more power than normal... some sort of resistance (clean it, check for blockage, etc)

The Apex has power sensing if it's outlets doesn't it? If so you might want to consider plugging your return pump into the Apex as well even though you're not going to control it with the Apex, but simply being warned if the power changes, i.e. no power... uh oh, pulling more power than normal... some sort of resistance (clean it, check for blockage, etc)

Unfortunately, only on the new energy bar which is not compatible with the Apex Jr. He would have to upgrade to the new base units.

Back