Our mission

Julius' CDA 150 Build

Wow tank looks nice on the stand, hopefully the "no shoes in the house" rule was suspended while moving the tank and Matt wasn't moving the tank with socks on his feet on wood floors :D

@sfsuphysics

See Matt in attached photo!

F5824577-E52D-475E-9A08-14893820B9C0.jpeg

9E255C8D-6312-4CAF-BB26-394F1DBABE21.jpeg
Some equipment in and 2” plus sand in!

I realized I should have considered position the top eurobraced glass panes 1/2” lower so a DIY screen top can sit flush with side glass panels. Any suggestion how to make the top screen look clean?

E2CC1BE4-7D3A-4B45-8223-DD328F503B54.jpeg

There's clips that allow a screen to fit flush with the top. I'm sure someone on here has a link for where to find them.

@Chromis, when you did the screen workshop didn't you use some of them?

Gave it some thought, understand what Flagg37 meant now.... clips shaped like letter “h” lying on its back, right?

Like this one in photo but larger for my 1/2” glass. Have not found a source yet.

D5A3B818-B126-40D9-BCCF-14EEF0C5E52D.png

Last edited:
Ive been looking for 19mm clips for a while... and no luck. Let me know if you find them! I tried amazon, ebay, and google searched. Kept finding only 15mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah cant find them. Can you link me if you find a spot?
Without knowing the proper name can't find them, I've seen H-channels, but none that thick. But you could fabricate one fairly easy, get some 3/4"(19mm) acrylic, and just sandwich a smaller piece between larger piece and a longer piece, a little bit of weldon and it'll effectively make an h-clip, should be able to hold the weight of one of those tops no problem.

I attached a picture of what I mean, make it as long as you want and you can cut it up into smaller pieces to fit around your lid.

Attachments

• H clipp.jpg
    H clipp.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 228
There's clips that allow a screen to fit flush with the top. I'm sure someone on here has a link for where to find them.

@Chromis, when you did the screen workshop didn't you use some of them?
The clips people normally get for screens work for non-euro braced tank, but if you build a screen with flanged frame corners that could work.

Gave it some thought, understand what Flagg37 meant now.... clips shaped like letter “h” lying on its back, right?

Like this one in photo but larger for my 1/2” glass. Have not found a source yet.

View attachment 10292
I’ve seen long plastic pieces that are for glass shower doors. It goes on the edge of the door so that when it closes it keeps the water in the shower. Shower doors are typically 3/8” or 1/2” so I know they make them for those sizes. Is your bracing 3/4” thick?

You could also use that clip you have shown and just attach it to the screen side and let it rest on the glass instead of the other way around.

The old AI Director got to be one of the worst controller to set up.

After numerous attempts, I finally make some progress and now am stuck at the following error message. This is when I tried to add a new device (i.e. this AI Director I own) in my account at https://my.aquaillumination.com

Any idea what I should do here?

The AI Director is hard wired into Netgear WNCE3001 (given to me for free by Bruce over a year ago). I have not connect the lights wirelessly to this AI Director yet.

Here is the error message:

"There are no Devices associated with this account.

A Director with serial number 02005DDC is not connected to MyAI. Connect your Director to MyAI and try again."

Well, finally, I tried to unplug the ethernet wire, just let AI Director to operate in wireless mode. It finally allows me to add the new device in MyAI account.

The learning is when doing the initial setup end to end, do not use ethernet wired connection to home router. Wait until all is done, including the lights have all been discovered by AI and programed and functioning. Then MAYBE try the ethernet wired connection (for benefit of supposedly more stable connectivity over time).

Back