Neptune Aquatics

Free to supporting members

You change your screen name because it was your full name and now you’re giving out your phone number to the world? :)
No I changed my screen name 'cause I use daddio on other forums and Peter signed me up with Mark B. As for putting my business phone number out there, it is plastered everywhere already. And I have to tell you, I get more spam calls from google than all the rest combined.

So on the stylos, stylocoeniella (the encrusting one) is a sensitive coral and really needs stability and since your reef is fairly new, I would recommend staying with corals that are a little more forgiving. On stylophora (branches), I honestly find it quite boring and if I was setting up a small reef with limited space, I wouldnt choose this coral. The ones I see are fairly chunky and really dont glow much under the blue lights. They just look kind of black. I think if your looking for a branching coral perhaps a nice neon birdsnest? (I dont have any) or even a pocillopora ( I have some)? BTW -these 3 corals are all in the same family.
Cheers! Mark

And I forgot to mention that I saw @roostertech yesterday and he possibly has GSP that he may be looking to give away? He is in Fremont so it would save you having to travel across the bay

Thanks for the advice. Guess I’ll abort mission. I do have a pocillipora and bird nest now. I’ll do more research on other branching corals. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think pocillapora is a good beginner coral. Fairly hearty and decent grower for sps. I’ve never had it get out of control. It’s pretty easy to frag.

I do like how the pocillipora is a forgiving coral yet it’s beautiful. Perfect for a rookie like me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a couple of free corals to supporting members:
- 2 inch diameter Brick Red Monti Cap.
- Pocillopora Frag
- Plenty of Green Star Polyps
- A couple frags of the Purple Bonsai that I picked up yesterday. They dont look real good and have some white tips but may recover.
- Purple Stylo frag
- Small Superman Monti on a rock
Cheers! Mark
anymore GSP?

Back