got ethical husbandry?

If you could only have 1 acro

This particul;ar moment in time I'd like a six foot colony of Homewrecker since it's hot and I can sell frags easily - and then buy all the non-acros I want. Forever.

This particul;ar moment in time I'd like a six foot colony of Homewrecker since it's hot and I can sell frags easily - and then buy all the non-acros I want. Forever.
That’s like wishing for more wishes!

I would answer Red Planet. It’s hardy, beautiful, and makes interesting formations. Some sections look like staghorns going off in all directions and others tabling flat. It has metallic green and pink and red and is nature’s PAR meter because of its color change with light intensity. Also the polyps are almost Millie-like which adds a little extra dimension.
043a881c9da58a1e68622b2d72ebde5e.jpg

ba986646d7e611185ffb96981cde10b5.jpg

I’m going with Homewrecker ( which I’ll be getting very soon ). I do have others I’d like but that one is at the top of my list

Becker Tort, you don't need fancy blue light to make it look the color it is, all it needs is lots of light, and as I found out after trying to save ever little accidental frag I made it grows readily in most areas of the tank too.

Plus while I do love a good tabling coral (would have picked OG Palmer's Blue Mille otherwise), the branching nature of the tort makes it so much nicer and big over time as opposed to dinner plateish.

So what I have in mind is a 2’ tall tank, maybe 5-6’ and 3’ deep.

1 big rock in the middle and just 1 acro and just let it grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what I have in mind is a 2’ tall tank, maybe 5-6’ and 3’ deep.

1 big rock in the middle and just 1 acro and just let it grow.

So that’s about 220-270 gallons. Any fish? That’s a lot of negative space. I think it could work well with the right rock. Maybe a single 360X to light it like a spotlight.

So that’s about 220-270 gallons. Any fish? That’s a lot of negative space. I think it could work well with the right rock. Maybe a single 360X to light it like a spotlight.

Fish will come later. Maybe some chromis or damsels. Tomini tang.

GARF Bonsai. Colors looks great under whites or blues with nice contrasting polyps against the purple base. Would make for a great display with damsels huddling in between the branches zipping in and out.

Easy to procure. Decent grower once it settles in so it won't take you years to grow out the colony.

I was waiting for someone to say Purple Monster!

Garf Bonsai is nice and so is Red Planet.

Anyone have a huge colony picture of a rainbow tenius? WD or HW?

I want to see how the base looks as a large colony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back