got ethical husbandry?

Uh oh, should I move the acan?

My bta had been happily staying put in the middle of the rock for months then all of a sudden decides to move around a little (of course I knew this can always happen with nems). Today, I came home to find It cozying up to an acan that I had glued onto the rock. Should I pry off the acan and relocate? Or roll the dice and see what happens?
0fdceeb296e9a485089436dafff58dad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The part that is touching, yeah those polyps are 100% going to die. The polyps that don't touch the anemone, not going to die... at least not initially, however the dead skeleton will harbor algae, and that might end up causing issues in the other polyps... so yeah like seriously move it.

I won’t take the risk, either move the nem or acan, or stick a card in between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lot of the foot is visible, could use a small tool and roll the foot off the rock, just dont damage the guy. than relocate him to where you want him.

I don’t see the acan moving anytime soon, take it off the rock and give it a new place and if you really hate the acan, I can give it a home.

Update: Just as I had feared, the acan had already grown to the point where it started encrusting on the rock. When I pried it off, some of the polyps ripped and remained on the rock. Hopefully the acan will recover.
3c14d228a8e1ffb1fc1097b258e5e4d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back