Neptune Aquatics

DIY Water Change Device

Got this from Youtube...take this apart at the top and fill with tap water. connect outlet drain hose. Part in the water determines how much dirty water you wish to drain. open the valve and suction does the rest. Also added PVC to a return pump inside my Brute and it fills the tank with fresh saltwater when the draining is done. No more lifting buckets.

Attachments

• water change.jpg
    water change.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 258
Anyway to make doing water changes easier means they get done with more frequency. I had a couple Brute buckets that had pumps and pvc inside, the one valve made the pump recirculate in the bucket so you could mix your saltwater, then the other valve allowed the water to go to out of the bucket (through a hose) to ... hopefully ... the tank.

As for the water removal, I'm really big on siphoning from the bottom of the tank since that's where detritus tends to collect but that's for a barebottom tank, a little less useful when you have sand.

I would stir up the sand a little when doing water changes for that reason. Then I got a python that would vacuum it while I did the water change.

Back