got ethical husbandry?

Green lithophyllon

Coral reefer

Past President
One frag available. Standard rules apply. 2 frags back in before trading, swapping, or selling. Tank journal and updates every 6 months required.

I am not familiar with Lithophyton, think it's a leather like Capnella, and don't know if it will do well in a mixed reef. I have a cabbage from you in a clown tank that is doing well but I don't know if more leathers would be good for the clowns. Also, does Lithophyton spread easily like Capnella Kenya tree?

Did you mean lithophyllion?
Of which there are several types, according to google search. Never heard of them myself.
Looks interesting though.

Yes, pictures needed.

Looks like this. Not my pic. Very similar tho.
IMG_0508.JPG

Oh very cool type of coral! I think that is Lithophyllon. I picked up two in different colors at the frag swap and they're doing great in QT but I've never had them in a regular tank yet so maybe I could join this chain later after I have success with those.

Oh very cool type of coral! I think that is Lithophyllon. I picked up two in different colors at the frag swap and they're doing great in QT but I've never had them in a regular tank yet so maybe I could join this chain later after I have success with those.
Let's see the pics. What colors?

From frag swap. Sorry whoever brought them - I have your names at home but am in the mountains now. Under Kessil 80 in QT they are red and gold:
Litho.jpg

(Cropped pic is tiny but enlarged is pixellated.)

Going in to check on things at the school this afternoon and refill reservoirs (off this whole week plus a smoke day last week) and will try to take better pic. I had never heard of Lithophyllon until the swap.

Golden with yellow spots (mouths?):
IMG_3396.jpg

Red with light green or blue mouths:
IMG_3395.jpg

No time to clean tank glass or adjust lighting. Or learn how to take good photos.
Very furry looking. I think they look like psammacora or pavona. So they are not just encrusting but have a lumpy growth form? I love them and have to decide where to put them.

Back