Kessil

Wet Auto Fish Feeder

MolaMola

Supporting Member
I am new to Eheim automatic rotating fish feeder. School break starting in an hour and visiting kids just knocked feeder into clownfish tank. I was hoping to just come in once per week for two weeks, but maybe that's not possible. Feeder is fully soaked, including battery compartment. Can I rinse and dry it and use it again within a few hours?

I'd buy another one since salt water usually short your board in the feeder. if you have a rimless tank, didn't your feeder comes with a edge clamp attachment like this?
Eheim-Everyday-Feeder-automatic-fish-feeder-300x300.jpg

Yes, that is my exact feeder. Apparently the clamp is no match for awkward adolescents on a sugar high bumping into each other while visiting my amazing aquarium classroom.

You can "rinse" it then dry it. Been there, done that.
As long as it's not exposed for a prolonged time, it van be left to dry.
Is good to take it apart and let it dry; they are easy to put back together.

Ok. Will try speeding it up with cool air dryer. After I leave I can't get into room again easily until Wednesday
Thanks for the advice!

Hi Maureen - I can help if you want - have some experience repairing electronics. Or if you do it by yourself take batteries out first, disassemble everything - every screw etc. , wash it in hot clean water, than dry with warm hair dryer. Let it seat for couple hours, look careful if there are some water left - you might want to dry it again.

I've had two, first one took a swim and died, the other one just stopped working. I just use the cheaper plastic rotating ones now, but use two of them for redundancy, even if they would overfeed (for vacations, not everyday use).

Back