1: Half cantaloupe size rock
1: small potatoe salad side size
No damn pics
Just come get
Card carrying paying members only
No freeloaders

Hit me with PM
Sooner is better

Began my membership expire and I didn’t know it so if you going to call someone freebie. Call someone else that stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's take it easy here and consider what's happening. You two are upset because Erin is giving away free corals (that have value) and wants to make sure he supports the club. Both of those are good things, right? Both of those are things we hope that other club members do, right? Now -- there's a lot of members of this club and he has no way of knowing your membership expired. All he sees is guest. So why be upset? Because he's doing the right thing?

Sometimes it seems (me included) that we just look for reasons to get upset on internet forums without really thinking it through.

Actually. I don’t care about him giving away something. I was joking about where to aquire a card that says member ship. Not knowing than mine expired. But do we really need that kind of aggressive responses? How does that promote people wanting to join when it’s simply. “Go away cheap freeloaders”

This is a good learning experience on how members should treat other members or non members. Keep the forums a positive atmosphere to promote friendly relationships.

I want to be fair here: I personally don’t have a problem with Kensington reefer, but I have seen him respond to non members with unnecessary vitriol on a couple of occasions. Is there really a need to put people off? We should be encouraging people to be paying members, not pissing on them for not doing so. Even more hurtful when it’s a paying member who didn’t notice their membership lapsed. Stating the case plainly is all that is needed.

Seems like several coincidences/misunderstandings combined with reading too much into text without seeing someone’s face, for example to tell if they are joking vs angry.

The only real problem I see here is that well-intentioned members aren’t being notified when their membership has elapsed, and don’t have the option to auto-renew. This is a known problem and one we talked about quite a bit at the last Board meeting. Hopefully we will have a fix for this within the next few months, as part of a greater website overhaul.

Back