got ethical husbandry?

Syringes

Probably amazon. I just bought a box of 20. Needle/syringes for use in my never ending battle against Aiptasia but i’m Unwilling to suffer the evil eye of my local pharmacist if I asks for needles.

When my kid was a less than 1 year old we often went to a Kaiser new parent clinic, and getting him to eat was a bit of a problem one of the nurses opened a drawer and there was a bunch of these syringes... and let me say having to feed your child with a syringe like you would an abandoned animal is NOT fun at all... however the reefer in me saw them and thought "ooh that'd be good for my tank!" So I grabbed a bunch :D

They're also good for the flea medication I use, since I buy the large dog version and just dole out the cat amount for my cats. Same formulation, same price, different amounts... if that's not a kick in the dick I don't know what is.

If you are around dublin I could give u a couple for free

sfsuphysics.....be careful using dog flea rx on the cats. Cat cannot handle certain ones and can experience tremors and seizures as a result

I'm careful to keep my hands off of the syringe walls for that reason, but I can see how it's an issue as several of my older syringes have had the markings start to rub off. You could put a thin layer of clear tape over them when new, although do it right the first time as peeling the tape off probably won't help the label.
When you buy the reagent refill kits they come with new syringes.
I know McMaster Carr sells them (although labelled in "units" as they are actually diabetes syringes, 1 unit = 0.1 ml). Farm stores if there are any remotely near hear routinely sell them. Honestly if there's a needle exchange clinic somewhere they'll probably have them. I'd avoid pharmacies though. Although a different state last time I tried to get a leur lock syringe (not even needles) at a pharmacy it started resulting in "Can I see your driver's license?" and an employee going for a phone.

Cat ≠ Dog ≠ Human for meds
Good for one, toxic for the next for many meds. Make sure you do your homework (but I bet you have).

Back