Kessil

Free frags + lunch to help me pick up my tank...

I'm hoping to pick up my new 170gallon tank in SF this weekend, but I unfortunately don't have a truck large enough to take the tank and stand. Nor am I quite strong enough to carry a 6' tank by myself. :p

I was wondering if I could recruit someone with a truck and maybe a couple extra hands to help me pick up the tank in SF and unload it in my garage in SJ. We could meet at my place in San Jose, drive up together and take it back down.

In exchange, I would pay for all gas, buy everyone lunch and give a free frag of Armor of Gods, Nuclear Greens, Purple Deaths or Tyree LE Green Polyp Toadstool, to whoever could help out. (I think I have one frag of each, so first come first serve... I might have some other stuff that I could part with but those are easiest for me right now.)

I'm tentatively looking at Saturday morning this weekend. Most importantly, I need to find someone with a truck, because otherwise we'll have four reefers sitting in my garage, staring at frags and eating pizza all morning.

Jason

Hah. If you help me lift my tank on Saturday, I'll give you one! :p

Do you know if HD rents trucks by the mile? That's what's killing me... UHaul charges $20 + .80 per mile. Ouch!

I think HD is by the hour and not by the mile.

No promises from my end as I have a few things going on but I might be able to lend a hand.

Nice pick up on the tank. I was talking to Ron about checking it out, but you beat me to it.

HD or Lowes rents by the hour regardless of miles. I think they give you a 15 minute grace period, but you could also rent it for 2 hours.

Naso... sorry I beat you to the tank. You're welcome to come by and check it out once it's set up. Although I suppose that might just be rubbing salt in the wound.

I'll give HD or Lowes a ring. Bryan, thank you so much for the offer to help. I'll check with you later if I need the hand.

I won't actually do the tank move until the new tank is set up, which will probably not be for another three weeks at least. I already ordered the new lights, still need a sump and return pump. Also need to cut a huge whole in my wall. :p

Saturday's move is just to get Ron's tank out of the shop cuz the new owners don't want it there cuz it takes up space and could get damaged.

A sawzall, circular saw and a hammer will be your new best friends.

What time are you moving Ron's tank on Saturday? I might have some time available.

HD I think the trucks are $20 for 75 minutes. Don't quote me on that though. While you are at HD, pick up a "day labourer" for an hour or two and you can be done pretty quick.

V

Jason,

It depends on your idea of morning if I could get there to help. I have a staff meeting early and could be in SJ by 11:30 or so. I could meet up in SF(11:00) and drive down to help unload. My plan was to visit Aquatic Showroom Saturday.

Richard

Richard, meeting in SF at 11am would be perfect actually. Do you think you might be able to meet us there? Then you could just caravan with us down to SJ, unload, grab lunch (if you want) and then hit Aquatic Showroom.

Naso, would you be able to either meet in SF at 11am like Richard or at my place in SJ at 10am to drive up together? I think the three of us, plus someone in the store in SF or my roommate in SJ should be able to handle it.

Looking into renting the truck today. Oh, and which frag would you guys want? :)

Jason

Wanted to say thank you to Nasotang (Mike) and Yardartist (Richard) for helping me pick up my new tank today! It's sitting safe and sound in my garage and my head is now filled with new ideas on how to install the tank thanks to Mike's advice on the roundtrip to SF.

The whole experience went way smoother than I imagined it would. Thanks! :D

Jason,

No problem. I ended the day with a San Jose shops tour. The AOG is wild under the blue moon lights. The pink disk color is visible through the underside of the stalk.

Thanks,
Richard

I could have help, but it was too late already when I saw this thread. Anyway, what size of hole do you need to cut on the wall? I might have a hole saw to do the job that you can borrow. LMK.

Hi Xinu... thanks for the offer. By hole, I meant cutting in a huge rectangular hole into the wall! i.e.: 68" x 24"... Do you have a hole saw that can help with that? :D

Back