Jestersix

Closing down the tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a while, I have been away due to holidays and personal issues. Looks like our landlord does not approve of us having tanks in the house. With that being said we are giving away the live stock in our tanks. We have several frags of different corals and some fish that have been with us for about a year. I will do my best to post pictures and make a list of what we have. We just ask that if you do decide to take something that you bring containers/buckets/bags for what ever you may want. Please post here if you would like anything, it will be first come first serve. One caveat is members will have priority over non members. I have about 30 days to get all of this broken down and out. So anything not taken by then will be donated to our LFS. (We will be keeping the equipment for future use just FYI. So none of the equipment will be going just live stock)

Fish list:
** If you decide on taking the clownfish we ask that you take the pair. The 3 pairs we have have been together for about a year.

1st Clown Pair -

2nd Clown Pair -

3rd Clown Pair -

Fire fish - No picture yet to be uploaded.
Possum Wrasse - No picture yet to be uploaded.
Manderin Dragonet - No picture yet to be uploaded.

Assorted corals and anemone - A lot of these corals are not glued down. As for the anemone I have no tools to get them off the rocks so you'll have to take the entire rock. We have 4 total RBTAs 3 are one big rock and 1 is in another tank on a smaller rock. I'll list the corals we have the best I can but to be honest I really don't know the names of some of them. We just got them because we liked them.

Several Zoas that I just don't know the name of any.
1 Green Torch
2 Hammers (1 Purple and 1 Green)
1 Green/ purple tip Frog spawn
1 Orange and purple Acan
4 RBTAs (3 on one large rock and 1 on another small one. These are all splits from the same anemone)
1 Duncan
1 Green Toadstool
1 Japanese toadstool ( was sold to me as Deepwater neon Japanese toadstool? I am unsure all I know is it different from the above because the tentacles and base are both green where the regular toadstool is green tentacles with a normal base)

Pictures below. I know I missed one frag that I just don't know the name of. I'll do my best to keep track and annotate what is gone.

We do have some astrea snails as well as a pistol shrimp. The pistol shrimp will most likely be impossible to get until everything else goes. Also have some chaeto live rock and sand but those too will have to wait for live stock to go first. When you post here i'll PM you and we can get together to assign a time when you can pick it up. I work weekdays so most times I will be available will be the weekends.

It has been a while, I have been away due to holidays and personal issues. Looks like our landlord does not approve of us having tanks in the house. With that being said we are giving away the live stock in our tanks. We have several frags of different corals and some fish that have been with us for about a year. I will do my best to post pictures and make a list of what we have. We just ask that if you do decide to take something that you bring containers/buckets/bags for what ever you may want. Please post here if you would like anything, it will be first come first serve. One caveat is members will have priority over non members. I have about 30 days to get all of this broken down and out. So anything not taken by then will be donated to our LFS. (We will be keeping the equipment for future use just FYI. So none of the equipment will be going just live stock)

Fish list:
** If you decide on taking the clownfish we ask that you take the pair. The 3 pairs we have have been together for about a year.

1st Clown Pair -

2nd Clown Pair -

3rd Clown Pair -

Fire fish - No picture yet to be uploaded.
Possum Wrasse - No picture yet to be uploaded.
Manderin Dragonet - No picture yet to be uploaded.

Assorted corals and anemone - A lot of these corals are not glued down. As for the anemone I have no tools to get them off the rocks so you'll have to take the entire rock. We have 4 total RBTAs 3 are one big rock and 1 is in another tank on a smaller rock. I'll list the corals we have the best I can but to be honest I really don't know the names of some of them. We just got them because we liked them.

Several Zoas that I just don't know the name of any.
1 Green Torch
2 Hammers (1 Purple and 1 Green)
1 Green/ purple tip Frog spawn
1 Orange and purple Acan
4 RBTAs (3 on one large rock and 1 on another small one. These are all splits from the same anemone)
1 Duncan
1 Green Toadstool
1 Japanese toadstool ( was sold to me as Deepwater neon Japanese toadstool? I am unsure all I know is it different from the above because the tentacles and base are both green where the regular toadstool is green tentacles with a normal base)

Pictures below. I know I missed one frag that I just don't know the name of. I'll do my best to keep track and annotate what is gone.

We do have some astrea snails as well as a pistol shrimp. The pistol shrimp will most likely be impossible to get until everything else goes. Also have some chaeto live rock and sand but those too will have to wait for live stock to go first. When you post here i'll PM you and we can get together to assign a time when you can pick it up. I work weekdays so most times I will be available will be the weekends.
Pmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yah once we find our own home we'll start up again. On that note this thread can come to an end. Looks like ashburn will be picking up everything if there is anything he doesn't end up taking I'll keep this post updated.

I’l take the fire fish, mandarin and possum wrasse.
Would love also the frogspawn

And sorry that you need to close down the tanks. I didn’t mention to my landlord that I have a tank.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yah once we find our own home we'll start up again. On that note this thread can come to an end. Looks like ashburn will be picking up everything if there is anything he doesn't end up taking I'll keep this post updated.
Wow, just read that. Shouldn’t be better to share between several members instead of just one grabbing so much stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear, that really sucks. Would love an rbta, the torch, acan and the mandarin, but I'm sure they're all spoken for by now. Hope you find a new place soon to get your tank re-started again!

I’d love a pair of the clowns and the Japanese deep water toadstool. Been looking for one for quite some time. Sorry to to hear the bad news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back